The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

All this talk about Triumph and I can't wait to get mine! Have to wait until Saturday though (that's when it will be delivered).
Why is it taking so long? My Stirling orders get here two days later like clockwork. That's strange.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4
  • Blade: Treet Silver (1)
  • Brush: West Coast Shaving Deranged Edition 24mm Ghost knot
  • Soap: Dr. Jon's Propaganda
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Dr. Jon's Propaganda
  • Music: blink 182 - blink 182
Yesterday was a great day to do the lawn. Seriously. I twas a nice cool 80 degrees outside with a little breeze going. The new guy was eager to get in there and help us out with the yard, which is his duty, but not everybody cares for doing it. Don't smoke crack. We had a call for a person not breathing and he was indeed not breathing. It was a bit of a medical mystery for us because he had some stuff going on that wasn't consistent with what we were seeing. Unfortunately our efforts were for naught. It is notable that my partner and EMT student did very well in staying calm in a very stressful situation, and however unfortunate the case, it was a great learning experience for both of them, the other student, and the rest of the crew. Moving on from depressing stuff that I deal with at work.

I grabbed the Propaganda because I'm claiming this as a citrus soap for this week's theme. The only citrus thing about it is mandarin. It smells incredible despite not being a perfect match for the theme. It's been a while since I've used this soap or any other vegan soap. I talked about how dumb it is to hate on vegan soaps in my video, which will be uploaded once I finish typing this nonsense. This combination of metal stuff is pretty easy mode for me. I'm starting to realize that these blades aren't as sharp as I thought, but they're still really comfortable for me; not quite Wizamet comfortable, but you won't hear me complaining. My customary 3.5 pass shave resulted in an accidental BBS-- with one tiny weeper and minimal irritation. I'll blame the irritation, however insignificant on my recent use of the Weck.

PSX_20190725_091016.jpg

I have fond memories of this album. I was in 8th grade when it was released and I listen to it relatively often. There's plenty of nostalgia in it for me, but it's also an incredible listen. From poop jokes to this masterpiece was proof that we can all grow up and be serious for a little bit. Their later works aren't nearly as impressive, but I still appreciate them.

Gotta take a nap, get a haircut, and hopefully mail off the stuff I haven't had too much time to take care of previously.

Have a good one, Cadre. Tomorrow is Friday, we shall feast like kings and rest for future battles. Thanks for reading and watching.

Man, tough call...response time included, I must imagine there was little you could do by the time you arrived. Sorry it had to end that way.

My customary 3.5 pass shave resulted in an accidental BBS-- with one tiny weeper and minimal irritation. I'll blame the irritation, however insignificant on my recent use of the Weck.
I’ll bet this guy blames the controller too when he plays games!

Man, tough call...response time included, I must imagine there was little you could do by the time you arrived. Sorry it had to end that way.
Zero we could do about it, and that's probably one of the things that makes it easier to sleep at night.

Probably because I didn't order it until Tuesday afternoon and I am cheap so I only paid for standard shipping. Either that or its that I told them that I'm on TSC.
I don't know enough about math to understand your fancy words. 🤪 it's worth the wait and I think you're really going to enjoy it.

Zero we could do about it, and that's probably one of the things that makes it easier to sleep at night.

I don't know enough about math to understand your fancy words. 🤪 it's worth the wait and I think you're really going to enjoy it.
Will if it is anything remotely like Invictus... I will love it!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Torrey SR, used to probably be 5/8 half hollow maybe I didn't really check, spike point for sure
  • Brush: Stirling boar
  • Soap: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
  • Music: Dance Gavin Dance - Instant Gratification
It's Wednesday and Friday at the same time! What I'm multidimension space time continuum is going on?! Science is going on, nerds! And by science, I mean work. We got an email from tchief first thing this morning with some progressive news regarding our fire suppression capabilities. This is an exciting development and the first major thing he's implemented.

I put some lapping film to work and honed up this baby after I destroyed the edge cleaning up the water spots. @MilkCrate PIFed this thing to me and suggested that I use it to practice honing. Well mister, I did that exactly. It was a little annoying trying to get the bevel set again, and for the first time in my life, but once I figured it out, I'm set for life.

The shave.

I actually got a faster shave in today than usual. I stropped it last night on some balsa and got a great edge, I think. It cuts. I still need some practice getting a slicker lather and a little better technique. I nicked myself a couple of times, but all bleeding stops eventually. The result was a DFS, even though I wasn't able to remember how to get the usual trouble spots on my jaw and my neck. The splash stung like hell, but I'm assuming that is because I need to lighten up on the pressure. No real complaints. Baby steps, right?

PSX_20190726_065954.jpg

Fair warning if you haven't figured out by this point, the song does have some screaming. Oops. I like the metalcore sensibilities that Jon Mess brings to the table, along with the pop sensibilities that Tillian Pearson brings. It's a groovy time when I'm listen to DGD.

I gotta go pretend to do things again. Lots of stuff to get done but not really. Admin leaves at noon, then it's nap time until we have to do stuff.

Thanks for reading. Have a good one, Cadre.

Drink some water for goodness sake!

Nice job honing! You’ll be down the hone rabbit trail before you know it!

New chief is starting off on a good foot! Hopefully a sign of more good things to come.

Nice job honing! You’ll be down the hone rabbit trail before you know it!

New chief is starting off on a good foot! Hopefully a sign of more good things to come.
I knew that before I even started thinking about honing my own straights lol I have a lot of research to do real soon

Absolutely. The guys on the engine were irritated yesterday, but they don't matter because all they do is complain.

Back