The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Safer? SAFER??? Oh don't EVEN get me started!
I don't know which way that could go so I won't even because I'm pretty sure you can't even. Lol

Great...now they just have to plug in while at every emergency! 🤪
The lights are the reason why we have to plug our ambulances in already! They drain the batteries even when they're all fancy new LEDs!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick I1 (eye-uno)
  • Blade: Supply (3)
  • Brush: Rick Montalvo "Pea Soup" 26mm 2 band Maggard SHD fan knot
  • Soap: Summer Break Soaps Brain Break
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original,
  • Summer Break Soaps Brain Break
  • Music: Every Time I Die - Low Teens
For those not keeping track at home, I work 36 hours Wednesday and Thursday, came home for 12 hours, then was scheduled to work my usual 24 hours and ended up staying for 36 again. Our staffing is in a really bad spot right now and it's going to get worse this week with a few firefighters going to College Station for professional development. I'm not qualified to go so I'll be staying home to man the fort. Alright that's enough complaining about earning extra money with little effort required.

The cats are going wild as I type this up. Goodness somebody got into my coffee stash or is very excited that I'm finally home again.

I have a stash of Wizamet blades, but I've gotten such good shaves from this hardware combination that it's hard to got grab for it. I had a little trouble getting a decent lather going so I went back to the tub to reload after the first pass I think. Still not that great a lather so I went back for thirds and got it going for real this time. I managed to cut my nose somehow and I got a little weeper, but I've crawled home from worse. DFS+ was the result today even after fighting with the lather.

PSX_20190721_114952.jpg

Maps Change is probably my second favorite song. The vocalist has an incredible way with words and did a masterful job of making me understand what was going on in his life for that song. At the time of writing his wife was having pregnancy issues and I believe they almost lost the baby. This song chronicles his feelings throughout the ordeal. It's genuine, sincere, and gut-wrenching.

My first video us uploading right now. Hold your horses, you'll hear me ramble soon enough.

I'm going back to work tomorrow for a 4 day work tour because I'm covering for somebody. I'm going to miss a wedding and my life is jokingly in danger because of that, but my friends will understand and I hope they don't hold it against me, it's out of my hands. Would you look at that, I kinda mentioned that above. Whatever, you get the idea.

I hope everybody is having a great weekend. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre.

Nice shave, sans the nick and wonky lather ... hm ... nice recovery.

Rough work schedule ... drink water.

Nice shave, sans the nick and wonky lather ... hm ... nice recovery.

Rough work schedule ... drink water.
Thanks, Tim. You might be able to see how horrible it was in a few minutes. ;)

I sure will. You do the same, partner!

Dude I am watching you shave as I read and type this! It is like live commentary! Interested in this soap of yours...

Dude I am watching you shave as I read and type this! It is like live commentary! Interested in this soap of yours...
Yikes! It's discontinued, Don. BUT. I do have a healthy sized sample from when they first opened up shop that I can send with the sample of Terror and Wizamet blades I was planning to surprise send you.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4
  • Blade: Treet Silver, new
  • Brush: That Darn Rob 26mm High mountain badger knot
  • Soap: B&M Bay Rum
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Bay Rum
  • Music: 4th n Goal - Turn On The Light
Monday is here and it's not really even my Monday. Apparently my compadre and I are both covering for people in College Station. Actually I'm not sure if she's my compadre because I don't know if that's also the feminine version of that word too. Moving on. It's going to be a fun day because Rachael and I get along great and work together even better.

I was thinking to myself after my shave yesterday that I hadn't used a Treet Silver in a long time after swearing by them. Again, YMMV, but I love them. I slipped in one of those babies and went to work. I didn't fail to get a good lather today, so that's nice. I got a nice 3.5 pass shave in and got DFS. Not quite as nice as yesterday, but it's good enough for work.

PSX_20190722_082049.jpg

4th n Goal is dead. I sure do listen to a lot of bands that don't exist anymore. They were am Italian easycore band. Much like Set Your Goals, the singing is awful, but the music is fun.

Update since I started. The step up captain for the shift has left to do stuff and now we have a frantic firefighter paramedic leading us. It's gonna be a great day.

I had some other stuff I was going to say, but I forgot.

I wish you all the best Monday possible, Cadre. @GearNoir and @Dave in KY drink some water.

I wish you all the best Monday possible, Cadre. @GearNoir and @Dave in KY drink some water.
Thanks, 10:12 am an sweated clean thru already. I'll hydrate in 30 minutes after finishing this account. I'm already dreaming of a cool shower even though it won't happen until at 8:30 tonight....at least I keep getting wiffs of Pierre Cardin. Not sure what wiffs are dominant for those around me 😂

Thanks, 10:12 am an sweated clean thru already. I'll hydrate in 30 minutes after finishing this account. I'm already dreaming of a cool shower even though it won't happen until at 8:30 tonight....at least I keep getting wiffs of Pierre Cardin. Not sure what wiffs are dominant for those around me 😂
I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you said 10:12 when the time stamp for me says 9:14. 🤣 I often forget that there are places other than Texas.

Back