The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Only Ben can prevent forest fires. Or something like that.

Yikes! It's discontinued, Don. BUT. I do have a healthy sized sample from when they first opened up shop that I can send with the sample of Terror and Wizamet blades I was planning to surprise send you.

That is mighty generous of you!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Medical Weck Sextoblade
  • Blade: the same blade from John's passaround, not super interested in going back to see where I'm at, maybe 5?
  • Brush: Local Gent Shaving Co "I forgot what it's called because I didn't care when I bought it," Maggard 24mm 50/50 boar/badger
  • Soap: Eleven Shaving Apollo
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Music: Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates
Yesterday was a little hectic at work, but we pulled everything together and had a nice easy shift. I had a sit down with the captain in charge of training and got a talking to about finishing paramedic school. I guess he didn't really understand what was going on the first time I told him and that's somehow my fault. Go figure. I'll be spending part of the day doing paperwork and catching up on sleep. I could probably eat too.

My first use with the medical Weck Sextoblade was only slightly less bloody than my first attempt with @The Monkey's Weck. How ironic, a medical professional using a medical tool and bleeding; life is dumb sometimes. Aside from the bleeding, it was a BBS- result. The Apollo smells incredible. If all chypres smell similar to this, I might have to binge buy more, because that was an olfactory treat! The performance was on point with what I've experienced in the past. I just wish that the matching splash existed.

PSX_20190723_102234.jpg

I don't remember how I found Minus The Bear and it really doesn't matter. I really only listen to this album, even though they have a quality selection of works. I feel that it's a sexy album for whatever reason. Call me Bill...I mean crazy.

I'm off to finish some paperwork and probably have to go and take the damn fuel card back to work. I'll get to editing and uploading today's video in a bit.

Thanks for reading and watching me slice my face apart!

Oh yeah. My apologies to everybody I told I would send samples of Terror to, work has taken up all the free time I've had the past week or so. I'll try to get your stuff out as soon as I can, just gotta get some stuff off my plate real quick.

Good stuff Ben! Enjoy the time off! Get that paperwork done and feel free to hydrate with water alternatives today! :ROFLMAO:

So I did a little science experiment. I bought some canned foam usually used for filling in cracks in things that are not related to shaving whatsoever. Annnnnnd I put some of that foam in the Ever Ready 100 to fill in the space. As a consequence, I also secured the knot quite well, negating the necessity for epoxy. That was a nice, effective, and inexpensive experiment.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Medical Weck Sextoblade
  • Blade: the same blade from John's passaround, not super interested in going back to see where I'm at, maybe 6?
  • Brush: Ever Ready 100, 22mm Boss knot
  • Soap: Stirling Triumph
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Triumph
  • Music: The Ghost Inside - Dear Youth
It's my actual Monday today! Thank goodness it's finally here, not. It's also lawn day, but I think we're allowed to wear t-shirts now, it's 72 degrees and it feels amazing, and we have 4 people on today to help with lawn duty.

So @Dave in KY mentioned that I might've had a hair shaper guard on the Weck yesterday. Shonuf, the guard is absolutely different. I switched in the guard from my other Weck and went to work. I also took a page out of Dave's book and I'm claiming Triumph as a citrus scent, even though it merely only has citrus notes. If you take issue with that, talk to Dave. Usual performance with Stirling. The scent is in homage to Paco Rabanne Invictus, which smells incredible. I prefer their 1 Million scent, but I can't argue with Invictus. Venessa loved the way I smelled on the way out. Today's Weck experience was 100% better because I remembered to use light pressure, and I guess the correct guard helps too. I ended the shave with a DFS++, maybe even BBS-.

PSX_20190724_054342.jpg

"Life's swinging hard, but I'm swinging harder," is tattooed on my left arm. Just a reminder that I can fight back when life is beating me down. The Ghost Inside played their first show this past weekend ft l in a couple of years, after being in a horrific accident which killed their bus driver, amputated one of the drummer's legs, severely injured one of the guitar players, and some bother stuff. They've fought back tooth and nail from almost being killed.

All kinds of crazy stuff started happening after I started typing this up. We came back from grocery shopping to find a group of kids in our station. The bosses knew about the group, but nobody bothered to tell us about it, which is outrageous, I'm still irritated about that. The lawn is just about done and I haven't had to touch a single piece of equipment yet. We're rebounding from that nonsense earlier.

I gotta get back to pretending to work. I have a wonderful hump day, Cadre.

Dude, if we're allowed to just hang out in the station and play with the sirens and stuff that might actually get me to Texas!

Dude, if we're allowed to just hang out in the station and play with the sirens and stuff that might actually get me to Texas!
Come down to Houston! I'm almost certain HCA Gulf Coast Division is hiring administrators of all kinds in the area. You can come visit me and I'll let you turn the sirens on in the bay!

Come down to Houston! I'm almost certain HCA Gulf Coast Division is hiring administrators of all kinds in the area. You can come visit me and I'll let you turn the sirens on in the bay!
What? No ride to that super burger place code 3??

Back