The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Wait. Is it supposed to smell like money? I genuinely don't know and I didn't put a lot of effort into trying to figure it out. Lol
I don’t know if it was literal or metaphorical, but I think that was part of the description of scent. Someone else here mentioned it...can’t remember if it was @NurseDave? Or maybe I’m just totally off.

I'll have to give it a good whiff when I get home. It smelled familiar I think. I need to pay attention or not be tired when I shave.

A little behind on your journal and I can't even attempt at catching up. Caught the life saver cruiser and I love looking at ambulances for some reason. I know a lot of people love fire trucks, but I am more of a Waah-bulance kind of guy. Not sure why...I just think they are cool.

Decades ago, my most frequented wrecking yard had a clean ambulance for sale. I was there to find an exhaust manifold. Anyway, decals removed, but everything else was there and worked. Brought the missus back to show here what I wanted to buy. And she killed it with the whole “we can’t afford it” thing.

A little behind on your journal and I can't even attempt at catching up. Caught the life saver cruiser and I love looking at ambulances for some reason. I know a lot of people love fire trucks, but I am more of a Waah-bulance kind of guy. Not sure why...I just think they are cool.
Not to worry, Don. Thanks for giving it a shot.

Here's a terrible picture of my assigned chariot today. The only red ambulance we have for whatever insane reason. I believe it's a 2016 Dodge Heavy Duty 3500 chassis and quite obviously a box on the back. Made by Frazer in Houston which makes servicing it a little easier because it's 45 minutes away from my station. But with all the problems we've been having with the air conditioners, I have a feeling we might be going to something else in the future.
IMG_20190719_112405.jpg

Decades ago, my most frequented wrecking yard had a clean ambulance for sale. I was there to find an exhaust manifold. Anyway, decals removed, but everything else was there and worked. Brought the missus back to show here what I wanted to buy. And she killed it with the whole “we can’t afford it” thing.
You're not missing much. They're just trucks with some cabinets. A utility van can do the same thing. Lol

I'll always kick myself for passing up one of those station wagon ambulances from back in the day.

It was probably one of the other 15 Dave's on the Cadre. We'll likely never know. Oh well.

I will say though...I recently saw an invoice for a brand new fire truck delivered to a Volunteer Fire Department last month and man...those things are not cheap! Like $690K not cheap!

Is there such thing as an electric ambulance yet? Surely they’re working on figuring the logistics of one out at least!

I will say though...I recently saw an invoice for a brand new fire truck delivered to a Volunteer Fire Department last month and man...those things are not cheap! Like $690K not cheap!
That's actually a pretty good price. We're coming up to the point where we're due for a new engine, the city manager wants us to get a ladder truck to protect future multistory buildings, and another engine for the other station. That'll probably be closer to $5 million combined probably depending on what manufacturer we go with, hopefully less, but I don't have a say in it.

Is there such thing as an electric ambulance yet? Surely they’re working on figuring the logistics of one out at least!
That would probably be an NFPA thing before the DOT has a say in it. Until they can find a way to make them safer for us, it's not going to happen. Aside from that, they'd have to work out a way so that there isn't any potential for electrical interference to mess with the cardiac monitorsm

So I wanted to respond and say Nice Shave or something but now that I've read my way through the responses I can't remember your shave. I do want to say a friend had a hurst and I thought all the storage was way cool and always wanted to get one but never did. That is all "peace out"

Great...now they just have to plug in while at every emergency! 🤪

Back