The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Nice review!

After reading your opening paragraph, I may need to rethink some tactics.
Thanks, Tim!

Don't be ridiculous. There are tons of things you can do that don't involve stabbing! Egg his house, kidnap his children, plant drugs in his car. That's just off the top of my head. Be as creative as you want, no wrong answers! 😂

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick I1 (eye-uno)
  • Blade: Supply (1)
  • Brush: Shavemac Tortoise Shell 24mm 2 band badger
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Dragon's Blood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Ginger's Garden Dragon's Blood
  • Music: We Are The Union - Self Care
  • Pomade: Brew City Grooming/B&M Seville
Another day, another dollar. I have a new hire riding with me and he doesn't seem like he's too interested in doing ambulance things. It's yard day, woo!

I woke up a little later than I usually do, but still had plenty of time for my shave. I accidentally started this week's theme on Monday and deviated yesterday for scientific reasons, but I'm back on track today! Ghost Dragon's Blood was ideal because of the ghost aspect. No complaints with the performance...ever. I got a nice shave in with the new jectah, DFS+. I'm not a golf person and I'm not playing the Cadre golf game, but I'm pretty sure I'm winning because. 🤪

PSX_20190717_075107.jpg

I love We Are The Union. They're the perfect blend of pop punk and ska. This album is themed around the guitarist/singer leaving the negativity of social media for a year if I remember correctly. To be honest, it's a little cringey for me with a some of the political lyrics, but I'm in it for the music.

On the topic of videos, I have a couple of things on the way and I have a channel set up and a rudimentary intro. I'll work out a plan for a release schedule later. So that's where I'm at on that.

Gotta get back to pretending to work. Have a great day, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

So is it a new hire fireman and they all need to do ride alongs?

Yup. We have two today, but only one is riding with me. They're both new to EMS.
I assume their main role is shmoozing with the lady onlookers? You know, keeping them out of your way and making sure they remember their phone numbers and such.

I assume their main role is shmoozing with the lady onlookers? You know, keeping them out of your way and making sure they remember their phone numbers and such.
You already know. I guess I can get my own vitals, start IVs, and push drugs without any help. I'll be sure to thank them for their service after every call. 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick I1 (eye-uno)
  • Blade: Supply (2)
  • Brush: that Darn Rob Gaea, 26mm something
  • Soap: CBL Delux Vegan Aristocrat 2, B1
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, modern Old Spice
  • Music: The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation
  • Pomade: That German pomade that I use every now and then
Man, I am exhausted. We had a structure fire at 9pm on my last shift which beat us all to hell. Unfortunately we lost two puppers in the blaze. I made my way straight to the Safety Cats to hug them when I got home last night. Oh yeah, I worked 12 hours OT due to short staffing. So a total of 36 hours on the clock running calls and putting out metaphorical fires because I seem to be the only one that knows what's going on these days.

I decided to keep with the theme of the week and grabbed at one of the soaps that Chris sent me. I might be a guinea pig for this particular soap, probably not, but let me think I am. I'll be honest, I wasn't paying too much attention to the scent or performance. That being said, the scent was at the very least not offensive. I loaded up with the whatever synthetic knot and got some really foamy stuff. I tried to push past it by lathering up anyway, but I wanted to give it a decent try so I went back and loaded for a few more seconds. Much better lather resulted, my brush was too wet to start, not a problem. Like I said, I wasn't paying too much attention to the performance, but nothing negative stuck out to me. The jectah did its thang. I accidentally almost got BBS. Seriously. I thought it was dfs-ish until I felt around while driving. Oops? The immediate post shave was nice. I threw on the Thayer's for good measure and I felt like smelling modern Old Spice today. I'm thrilled with my accidental BBS-.

No picture today, too tired to arrange everything.

I've posted about The Wonder Years before. Quick recap, they're my spirit animals. They're millennials just like me, but they're pissed off. Just like the singer, "Soupy," I feel that we're not given enough credit for what we've accomplished. We've grown up only knowing war, slumping economies, and growing poverty stricken population. The Gulf War happened a couple of years after I was born, Bosnia, other conflicts sprinkled in, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria. You can't tell me we started all of this, and we're just trying to fix it the best we can with what we have. They say the Greatest Generation has come and gone, but they haven't seen what we're capable of yet.

Alright, back to work. Thanks for reading my nonsense about my generation if you made it that far down through my wall of text. My Friday is here and it's Friday. Let's finish the week off strong, Cadre.

Don’t let your boss catch that money scent in Aristocrat! He’ll think you think your too good for them and kill your OT hours! :p

Weekend ahead! Woot!

Don’t let your boss catch that money scent in Aristocrat! He’ll think you think your too good for them and kill your OT hours! :p

Weekend ahead! Woot!
Wait. Is it supposed to smell like money? I genuinely don't know and I didn't put a lot of effort into trying to figure it out. Lol

Back