The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Just click your heels together 3 times and...

Hope the rest of the day is good for ya. Sorry about the FIL stuff. The missus is worth putting up with it at the end of the day!

Work just called. We need you to fill in for a sick call.
I wish they were that gullible. They're close to that, but no cigar. But knowing my luck I'll get dispatched to a sick call with no information and end up at a crime scene and doing CPR first thing tomorrow because I wished I were doing that right now. Lol

Guys we have an emergency.........who's closest ??
Probably @MilkCrate. HELP.

Sorry to hear about the rough day Ben. Hopefully tomorrow takes a turn for the better!
Tomorrow couldn't get a whole lot worse. I at least like being at work for the most part.

Ok ... take a deep breath. Just be assertive, chics dig that ... really.
Crisis averted. But I'll keep that in my back pocket for next time.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4
  • Blade: Wizamet (5)
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts Cloud, 26mm tuxedo
  • Soap: CBL Cut Tobacco
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Siliski Soaps Santa's Pipe
  • Music: None today :(
  • Pomade: Don Juan Hair Grease
I got the latest version of the Android bets on Friday and apparently messed with my alarms. I woke up 30 minutes late. Luckily I pulled it together and got to work at the same time I always get here. That was a little scary for a minute.

The late start up required a quick easy shave so I grabbed the Rockwell. I got a quick, easy shave in. I got the usual performance from Cut Tobacco. It was a great shave despite the time constraints. DFS+.

No picture today.

No music today because I felt I couldn't share a couple of minutes to find the soundtrack to my shave. I really cut it close by not wasting time.

Yesterday was a debacle, but I survived. The visit to my cousin's house went a lot better than expected. The topic of my dad came up, but they were sensitive to my thoughts on the topic, so we didn't get into an argument.

Today is a new day. We're getting information trickling in from the new chief and from what I'm hearing, I'm relieved. We're chugging along in a positive direction.

I wish you all the best Monday possible, Cadre.

Glad you survived He Who Must Not Be Named yesterday.

New Chief huh? How long does the switch over usually take?

Glad you survived He Who Must Not Be Named yesterday.

New Chief huh? How long does the switch over usually take?
It might take a year or so to undo all the stuff the last chief did that doesn't make any sense, hopefully less. But I'm in on facilitating the transition. I knew the chief from my last job and he's a stand-up guy and a great leader.

I'm catching up on journals and keep reading about how you can't read so well. Folks, lets keep Ben away from the resuscitation meds huh?

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick I1 (eye-uno)
  • Blade: Supply, brand spankin' new
  • Brush: Wild West Brushworks "Bioluminescence" 24mm 2 band badger
  • Soap: B&M Terror
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Terror
  • Music: Childish Gambino - Because the Internet
  • Pomade: None
A few new things to the den today, but I'll get to that in a bit after my work debriefing. Guys, under no circumstances is it acceptable to stab your younger brother in the arm and push him out of your car. I know he's super annoying, but violence isn't the answer unless you're performing a power bomb on that son of a gun.

We're using Terror for the first time today and I haven't heard a whole lot of wowing things about the advertised freezing cold sensation before today. It smells alright. But judging by the scent off the puck @Spider won't like it. I don't think I've smelled frankincense before, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm smelling. I don't mind it, but KJ isn't a fan of it; he's getting the promised sample anyway because I already scooped it out. Deal with it.

The shave!

I overloaded the brush because why not. The scent opened up a little and the peppermint became a little more pronounced to even out the frankincense. I did the usual face lather and the cold gradually came on. I wouldn't say that it's freezing cold by any means, but it is a very comfortable cold sensation that gives me that tingling cold sensation that I get when it gets below freezing and the wind chill is about 20 colder than that. I enjoyed it very much. An easy three passes with the jectah with one tiny weeper probably from the last bit of acne I got from a few days ago. The performance was what you would expect from the excelsior base which means that there is absolutely no menthol in this soap and the advertised synthetic menthol is probably WS-23. The samples that I'm sending out either today or tomorrow took about a third of the container, so I'm probably going to buy another set because I quite enjoyed Terror. Anyway, DFS+.

PSX_20190716_102442.jpg

I've been a fan of Childish Gambino since college. This particular album took a while to grow on me, but I really enjoy the variety of composition. It's a more matured sound from his previous works with more mature lyrics that consists of more than just telling the haters to buzz off.

I have a couple of errands to do, but I'll get to them after my nap. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

I'm catching up on journals and keep reading about how you can't read so well. Folks, lets keep Ben away from the resuscitation meds huh?
I'll have you know that my illiteracy hasn't killed anybody yet! I have my partners read for me! Improvise! Adapt! Please don't tell me chief I can't read!

Back