The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Weck Sextoblade
  • Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (4)
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts "Easter", 24mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: Dr. Jon's Reggie's Deep Space Punch
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chatillon Lux Taum Sauk
  • Music: Yellowcard - Paper Walls
Nothing going on today, so I'm being super lazy. I really need to set aside some time to refresh my memory on paramedic drugs, it's the stuff we don't commonly use that escapes my memory.

This shave was better than Wednesday, but not good as yesterday. Had I done more than one pass yesterday this would've happened exactly the same. My wtg, xrtg, and xltg passes were perfect, it's when I got to completely against the grain that things started leaking a little bit. No big deal, I just had exactly 9 weepers that I probably got from apply a little too much pressure. Reggie's Deep Space Punch kept my face nice and cold the whole time and it was refreshing, so much so that I'm considering using it exclusively on work days. I called an audible and threw on some Taum Sauk for the extra nourishment. No ragrets. In all I'm sitting here with a dfs+++.

PSX_20190712_152821.jpg

All that talk of Yellowcard got to me. I do love Ocean Avenue, but I feel that Paper Walls is criminally underrated. Just about every song on this album is a banger and I got to hear a couple of them at Warped a year before they called it a day.

I guess that's it for today's entry? I don't know why I'm asking you because I'm the one whose supposed to know, but who knows when I don't know? And I'm confused.

I hope you're all having the best Friday possible! Drink more water; you know who you are!

• Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (5)
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts "Easter," 24mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: Declaration Grooming Sweet Lemon
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Declaration Grooming Sweet Lemon
  • Music: Trophy Eyes - Mend, Move On
Happy Saturday to all! I was awoken by Matilda savagely attacking my feet. Classic Matilda.

I had minimal progress today. Fewer weepers, but more irritation. I'm still pretty set on breaking in this boar knot to unlock its powers of awesomeness. It did a damn good job of whipping up a Sweet Lemon, but it's hogging some lather, which might just be something I have to live with. Overall I'd say I'm at dfs+.

No picture today.

I've been in love with Choke since I first heard it. There's something about the metaphor and progression from singing to screaming that I feel in my soul. I prefer their next album, but Mend, Move On is pretty righteous. I got to see Trophy Eyes a couple of years ago and they put on a killer show.

Things to do today: go shopping for chips and dip stuff to be taken to my cousin's house for a little family get together. That side of my family is a little alienated from me because of a difference of opinion on my old man. I feel they only saw the good, whereas I got to live through some pretty traumatic things that I still live with. I'm letting go of my resentment little by little as I grow and mature into the man I want to be, more than just a statistic and the son of that one crazy paramedic.

I wish you all the very best Saturday, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

I"m confused. All this learning with the weck, some blood shed, posted YouTube videos, and not a single one of Ben shaving.

Healing is a journey. Hope you have a good visit Ben
It sure is, Dave.

I use a mug and modern Williams to break in a brush. I don’t wanna waste the good stuff.
I used to use some RR soaps that I have. I'm not sure why I stopped. I think that's how I broke in my Vie-Long.

I"m confused. All this learning with the weck, some blood shed, posted YouTube videos, and not a single one of Ben shaving.
Hold your horses, mister! I'll get to it eventually. Any tips on a stand for my phone?

That's far more simple than what I was looking at on Amazon. I figured everybody was using fancy tripods, but that's so much easier and probably better. Thanks!

I use the mirror suction cup thing for travel shave videos as well. Something a little fancier with a light for home videos.

• Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (6)
  • Brush: Rick Montalvo "Pea Soup" 26mm 2 band Maggard SHD fan knot
  • Soap: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender
  • Music: Chiddy Bang - The Preview EP
The in-laws kinda sorta just showed up. Apparently Venessa knew and didn't tell me. I'd be more cool with it if only he mom would've come. The old man helped himself to my beer. If any other person had done that I would've been cool, but he's an alcoholic and I don't want to deal with a drunk in an apartment with sharp objects and firearms (locked away, but still.)

I'll get off my soapbox and get on with the reason why you're here.

I decided to use my Weck for today, such should've yielded similar results, but it didn't. I decided it was a great idea to take the guard off, which was a terrible mistake. I ended up cutting my nose somehow. I opened up some acne that sprouted as a result of me going completely against the grain the other day. So that accounts for all the blood. I had an otherwise uneventful shave once I wisely put the guard back on. I got plenty of feedback when the alum hit. Despite the usual nonsense, I'm walking away with a dfs+.

No picture today, it's not a good idea to leave sharp objects out.

This is my second entry with some hip hop. Chiddy Bang was a group that hit it when I was in college. They were pretty innovative back in their peak because they mixed indie hits with hit hop beats and clever lines and cadences. They kinda fell off, but I think they're making music again.

It's going to be a good day. It's going to be a good day. It's going to be a good day. It'll happen if I keep saying it, right? We're off to Venessa's sister's house pretty soon to where her brother-in-law has my whetstone and I can fiddle around with a couple of straights I have.

I wish you the best Sunday, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

What?! I came for the drama. Uh ... I mean to provide emotional support to my compadres.

Or something like that. Have a great day!
The drama is more than we can deal with right now lol

You too, Tim!

Back