The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Glad you’re seeing an improvement with the Weck. Keep at it, I’m sure you’ll master it in no time!

Nice call with the AFI! I saw them for the first time in ‘97 when they were touring on the Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes record. They opened for Clutch and Good Riddance at a small theater in Philly. One of the best shows I’ve ever been to. Got to meet the band a few years later at Warped Tour when they were touring for either Black Sails In The Sunset or The Art of Drowning. Can’t remember for sure but I think it was Black Sails. They were all super cool guys!

Glad you’re seeing an improvement with the Weck. Keep at it, I’m sure you’ll master it in no time!

Nice call with the AFI! I saw them for the first time in ‘97 when they were touring on the Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes record. They opened for Clutch and Good Riddance at a small theater in Philly. One of the best shows I’ve ever been to. Got to meet the band a few years later at Warped Tour when they were touring for either Black Sails In The Sunset or The Art of Drowning. Can’t remember for sure but I think it was Black Sails. They were all super cool guys!
I wish I could've seen them back in the day. I don't doubt that they put on an incredible show now, but it's the hardcore punk that got me. I'm jealous. Lol

Dave has no idea what was just said
View attachment 6003
Honestly, same. Don't tell Steve. Shhhhh.

• Pre-shave: Quick face rinse with "cold" water
  • Razor: Weck Sextoblade
  • Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (3)
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts "Easter", 24mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: LNHC Coconut Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's
  • Music: Can't Bear This Party - Ain't No Princess
  • Pomade: none
Work was alright. I got to "sleep" through most of the night which was cool I guess. Ended the shift with a late call, but that's not a big deal.

I've been slacking on my mail calls hard. I have added 5 straight razors to my den, one of them generously gifted to me by @MilkCrate who lives a few miles (read: hours) up the street. My Wizamet blades are in as well so I'm happy about that. And I got a Schick I1, which is currently sitting in some Simple Green.

On to the shave!

I decided to only do one pass so that I have something to shave tomorrow. Coconut Oud lathered up beautifully and provided the perfect amount of slickness to aid in my continued novice attempts with the Sextoblade. It's safe to say that I got it down. My one pass was completely drama free. The alum have some pretty good feedback, as I had a tiny bit of irritation on my chin and even less on a spot on my neck. Nailed it.

PSX_20190711_161121.jpg

Can't Bear This Party is another French band from the easycore era. They were similar to Chunk! No Captain Chunk! but with no screaming at all. The breakdowns are clever and made up for the less than stellar singing. This is another album that you can tell the band had a lot of fun writing.

It's the start of my 4 days off and I'm glad to rid myself of the nonsense temporarily. The gears are grinding hard with the new chief, but it's only been one day, and I know he'll get everything back into working order.

Thanks for reading and following along. I hope you're all having a great day.

Nice stuff Ben......unless you're just padding your golf score 😎
I don't play golf, Dave. :cool:
But seriously, I usually get the worst of the bleeding started on wtg passes. It feels harder for me to apply pressure when I'm doing my xtg passes by default and I hardly ever do a full atg pass.

That band reminds me of a slightly edgier Yellowcard. Which make me want to dig that out and give it a listen.

Nice job on the shave. Keep that the same and your will be in for a treat tomorrow.

That’s what I’m talking about right! Great job!
Thanks, Tim! The Torrey is in damn fine shape and has one hell of an edge. I can't wait to try it out!

Cool! Looking forward to the full shave results tomorrow!
Same. Knowing my luck I'll cut an ear off.

That band reminds me of a slightly edgier Yellowcard. Which make me want to dig that out and give it a listen.

Nice job on the shave. Keep that the same and your will be in for a treat tomorrow.
I'm not even remotely sure how you get Yellowcard from that, but you can't go wrong with some YC. Haha

Lol it's been a while so I might be putting the wrong sound with the wrong band

Back