The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Not a bad start. Just focus on just skimming the lather off. Nice and light.
Got it! I'll write that on the mirror.

You sound like me with an open blade...I thought you knew what you were doing? Lol
My stupid arrogance makes me think I know it all lol

Ouch. I was actually looking at my Sextoblade today and thinking of breaking it out for the first time in ages. Thank you for dissuading me.
I'm glad to be of service! Haha

Speaking of wee woo boxes, I read Don's request for video of me I guess doing my job and did the next best thing before I went home.

MVIMG_20190709_074455.jpg

This is occasionally my assigned truck and part of my finger because I'm no good at taking pictures.

Edit: I cropped my finger out because I know how to do that sometimes.

So have you seen the commercial with the dogs Lulu and Lobo? The one with the woo woo monster.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Weck Sextoblade
  • Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (2)
  • Brush: Shavemac Tortoise Shell 24mm 2 band badger
  • Soap: CBL "Hippie" (nag champa and patchouli) Beta 3
  • Aftershave: Thayer's, Chatillon Lux Fourth and Pine
  • Music: AFI - The Missing Man EP
  • Pomade: Brew City Grooming and Barrister and Mann collaboration C2
Today is a new day and it's my new chief's first day. Aside from that, we're starting with the usual nonsense. But it's going to be a great day.

Try two with the Weck. It went a lot better today with significantly less bloodshed. There was also significantly less irritation. Hippie sure smells what I would imagine a hippie would smell like, aside from cannabis. The scent is a strong and one dimensional out of the container, but it evens out beautifully when lathered. I have no idea where this is in the chronology of betas, but it was a strong performer and has plenty of slickness to aid in my novice attempt. Still plenty of stinging when I applied the alum, but it was better than yesterday. I didn't get as close a shave as I would've liked, but it's still a pretty good shave. Fourth and Pine was plenty soothing with just a hint of menthol.

The pomade pairs decently well with the splash because of the citrus. Easy to scoop and apply. Ben at Brew City Grooming does a few deals with B&M occasionally and I usually scoop up a jar.

PSX_20190710_053646.jpg

The Missing Man ventures back into vintage AFI a tiny bit, which I appreciate greatly. I still prefer the older speedy hardcore punk stuff, but this wasn't too bad.

I guess I gotta go back to work. I wish you all a happy hump day.

Drink some water @GearNoir and @Dave in KY.

Haha, missed it till you quoted. I was on it and still am sucking down water in the air at the house now.

Good improvements with the Weck Ben. You got this !!
Good man!

Thanks, Dave. I'll get it down before I send it back, money back guarantee!

Back