The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Maybe you should have a featured partner of the week! Get them to shave and you video it. Or maybe just some footage of you and your partner doing...well...stuff!

Maybe you should have a featured partner of the week! Get them to shave and you video it. Or maybe just some footage of you and your partner doing...well...stuff!
It'll be hard to get a video of the guys shaving, but I can try to get some footage of us training or something. Fair warning, we're not very exciting. Haha

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Weck Sextoblade
  • Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (1)
  • Brush: Vie-Long horse hair
  • Soap: CBL Cut Tobacco
  • Aftershave: Thayer's, Siliski Santa's Pipe
  • Music: Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb
  • Pomade: none
Lots of stuff going on at work, lots, and not a whole lot of it seems too good. I'll leave it at that. Otherwise it was a good shift. Not a whole lot going on today. I'll probably do a little studying later on before Venessa gets home.

Today's metal stuff was provided by @The Monkey, so I'd like to take a second to thank him for graciously offering it out for us to try. John, my face hates you. Haha.

Before I get to the juicy details, let's talk about the other stuff. I picked Cut Tobacco because it smells amazing and I know it has the slickness to easy the blade through my whiskers (read: face). Santa's Pipe is the best complimentary aftershave I have for Cut Tobacco at the moment.

Onto to the good parts. I whipped up a nice lather and went to work. I thought I was so slick until I got to my neck and felt a nick. Turns out that I also had more than a few weepers under my bottom lip and on my neck. That's just from the first pass. I got super brave and went for my customary atg passes (L&R) with few issues other than more weepers under my bottom lip. I don't mean to brag, but I bled less than @dangerousdon probably (read: for sure). I needed to break out the alum and the feedback was horrible. Everything but my cheeks stung like hell. I threw on some witch hazel, I knew I needed it this time. The witch hazel really soothed my stinging face. Santa's Pipe feels more oily than anything else, but it was incredibly soothing too, and it gets absorbed into the skin fairly quickly without any oily feeling afterwards.

In all I think I had a decent first go with the Weck Sextoblade. Thanks Don, I hear you saying it every time I read or type it. Tomorrow should be a little better. I need to use a lot less pressure and I'll make the adjustment.

PSX_20190709_103648.jpg

A little Streetlight Manifesto never killed anybody. This is their debut album and it's incredible. The composition of music is beautiful and the lyrics touch on the lesser talked about stuff regarding mental health. With that being said, if you're having a rough time with something, reach out to anybody. I promise you're not alone.

I'm off to eat cereal with Matilda and Emma. I wish you all a wonderful day. Thanks for reading!

Still alive and no damage beyond your ability to take care of...I’d call that a win with the Sexto!

Back