The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Love the towel. Everytime I start to read your post and see a video loading I think Cool he did a video.......smelled the 42 at Pastuers and almost got it but it didn't make my cut that day. Does it have menthol? Smelled like it might but not on the ingredients list. See how I'm adding a wall of text here 😂

Love the towel. Everytime I start to read your post and see a video loading I think Cool he did a video.......smelled the 42 at Pastuers and almost got it but it didn't make my cut that day. Does it have menthol? Smelled like it might but not on the ingredients list. See how I'm adding a wall of text here 😂
Videos are in the future for sure, but I have a lot of stuff on my plate.
No menthol, but Stirling has that phenomenal new Frost Drops that you could use with it.

No menthol, but Stirling has that phenomenal new Frost Drops that you could use with it.
That or the synthetic ws that Rich experiments with. Don't need it cold just wondered of it had any. Thanks

Sweet Towel! I'll get one at some point...just...you know...priorities. Anyway...shave seemed like a good one despite the little sting. But it seems that you are getting super comfortable with that Rockwell!

Sweet Towel! I'll get one at some point...just...you know...priorities. Anyway...shave seemed like a good one despite the little sting. But it seems that you are getting super comfortable with that Rockwell!
We gotta get you a dangerous towel!
I'll tell you that Wizamet blade and 6S combination is a real winner. It's so smooth that I forget there's a blade in there, so it's easy to apply too much pressure. I'll send you a few to try out when my shipment comes in.

Looking forward to the videos as well, but I assume they will all be silent as you get hit with copyright complaints for your background music.

Looking forward to the videos as well, but I assume they will all be silent as you get hit with copyright complaints for your background music.
I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but the bands that I listen to are on independent labels that aren't sticklers. That's my plan for that aspect until I have to change it.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick Eversharp G-8/Rockwell 6S
  • Blade: Ted Pella (2?)/Wizamet (5)
  • Brush: Ever Ready 200T, TGN 22mm silvertip fan
  • Soap: Stirling Gentleman
  • Aftershave: Thayer's, Stirling Gentleman
  • Music: Half Hearted Hero - Running Water
  • Pomade: Rumble 59 Schmiere Zombie SE (Strong hold)
Today is my Wednesday even though it's my first day back. Not a whole lot going on today except for my job, which should be fun because I love today's partner. Noteworthy that I'm wearing high-waters because I grabbed the wrong pair of pants. Oh well.

I started out with the Schick and it wasn't cutting anything at all. Safe to say that the Ted Pella blades are one and done for me at least. Switched over to the Rockwell and Wizamet combination. I ended up with a dfs. I smell phenomenal today.

PSX_20190708_074721.jpg

I love me some Half Hearted Hero. You can tell they really had fun recording this record.

I'm off to do my job. It's going to be a great day. I wish all of you the greatest Monday of all time. Thanks for reading.

Back