The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

In-ject-aaahs rule, just in case you didn't know :love:

With the Lockhart, try running a damp/wet comb through your hair to see if that helps out.
I'll get to it when I get a free couple of minutes. Thanks for the tip!

Wow! Why so many units out of commission? Just a string of bad luck?

Glad you and your partner for the day are making the best of it! Be safe out there!

View attachment 5311
Bad luck with the air conditioner on one and the other ones has a crappy air compressor to fill up the rear air ride suspension. It is what it is.

Save yourselves!!!!!
My truck is ALS through and through. That's really the only thing we have going for us today....and my partner can't read, and I don't know anything. 😂 😭

Wow that's a crappy way to start the day! At least there was a good shave in there!
Work with what you got, no sense in crying over spilt milk!

Its gratifying to hear you have a couple cats looking out for you. I’m still reeling from hearing of no hydration from Scott! You surely cannot fail when there’s a ‘jectah on the job!

Its gratifying to hear you have a couple cats looking out for you. I’m still reeling from hearing of no hydration from Scott! You surely cannot fail when there’s a ‘jectah on the job!
It feels relaxing having them around now that they're not bouncing off the walls as often.

It makes sense that it's not a thing. You would have to expose the water line to very high heat, which can be accomplished, but you'd still have to get it to the mouth which is covered by the mask that has an airtight seal. I think it's more of a safety thing and not compromising the seal than any engineering problems.

That CBL Old Spice is good stuff. I think I still have a similar looking tin floating around in my soap drawer.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick Eversharp G8
  • Blade: Supply (4)
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts "Easter" 24mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: Grooming Dept Mallard Fougere
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel, Barrister and Mann Beaudelaire
  • Music: Green Day - 1,039/ Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
  • Pomade: Don Juan Hair Grease (heavy hold, high shine)
Today is the big day. I've been putting it off for about a month. I'm turning in my paperwork to get the wheels turning on the last part of paramedic school, the capstone. From here on out, I'm it, I'm in charge, the training wheels are off for the rest of my life. I'll be honest, I'm scared to death. It's not that I'm not confident, it's that it's a lot of responsibility. I've rambled on long enough.

Same metal stuff. Move along.

This brush feels so much better now that the knot as been raised. I feel like it splays so much more. It's so soft for a boar and I can't recommend it more. Good stuff.

This is my second fougere I think, the first being Stirling Green? I couldn't resist taking this out for a spin after getting it in, I've heard so many good things about Grooming Dept. The scent is so balanced and blended very well. To my nose I get a little peppermint, but that's not listed, otherwise it's not too green and not too anything else.

I had one hell of a shave. The Whipped Dog knot whipped (hehe) up a lather that would make @Shavewizard420 proud. No drama and a dfs. Thayer's does what it does. I grabbed Beaudelaire because it's probably the best matching splash I have. I need more fougere scents in my life.

PSX_20190628_130931.jpg

You can't really go wrong with old Green Day. I haven't listened to anything since American Idiot and I sense that I'm not missing out on much.

Much better result with today's application of the pomade. I needed a little more than what I put on yesterday. I could've actually used the Beaudelaire pomade that I have, but I forgot that I have it. Oh well.

Safety Cats were present intermittently. I missed them so much when I was at work.

I'm off to turn in my paperwork and hopefully get told that everything checks out. I hope everybody is having a stupendous day. The weekend is within reach!

Today is the big day. I've been putting it off for about a month. I'm turning in my paperwork to get the wheels turning on the last part of paramedic school, the capstone. From here on out, I'm it, I'm in charge, the training wheels are off for the rest of my life. I'll be honest, I'm scared to death. It's not that I'm not confident, it's that it's a lot of responsibility.
But you're well shaven and that's half the battle. Or is it knowing if half the battle? Or knowing how to shave well? And then it's 90% perspiration. But with knowing, that's 140%.

But you're well shaven and that's half the battle. Or is it knowing if half the battle? Or knowing how to shave well? And then it's 90% perspiration. But with knowing, that's 140%.
I'm not good enough at math to argue with those numbers!

Skill tempered with a healthy dose of respect for the responsibility sounds like a successful future to me. Nice shave !
That's what I'm hoping for. We'll see in time.

Nor have I.

A duck using a mallard base? Ewwwww!

You got this paramedic stuff, no worries.
Gracias, Tim. But stop judging me for my usage of duck fat! There are trillions of (fictional) cases of cannibalism amongst ducks!

Just keep a few novelty band-aids on hand for the kids. View attachment 5366
I might need to borrow those for when I cut myself fixing up these death traps that we call vintage shave brushes. 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4
  • Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
  • Brush: That Darn Rob "Gaea" 26mm Silverfox
  • Soap: Oleo Soapworks Wayoh
  • Aftershave: Thayer's, Oleo Soapworks Wayoh
  • Music: Mad Caddies - Just One More
  • Pomade: Rumble 59 Schmiere Zombie SE (Strong hold)
Hump day! But it's Saturday! Usually that just means nap between calls, but we're having a hurricane preparedness event so I'll be doing PR stuff until 2. Should still be an easy-going day. News on the paramedic stuff. My paperwork is good, I just need to go back and make some adjustments to my narratives. I should be good to go by the end of this coming week. It's funny how easy that was and how much and how scared I was.

New metal stuff today! @Dave in KY was kind enough to send me one of his coveted Wizamet blades. He seems to love them and I think he has them in higher regard than Polsilvers.

I splurged and got two more That Darn Rob brushes. This one is the second my beautiful of the two, and it's gorgeous! It has a great feel in my hand. Did I mention that it's gorgeous?

I grabbed the Wayoh because why not. I still love Spicebomb. Nothing else here, move along.

Wow. This Wizamet blade instantly became my favorite. I'm gonna have to buy up all the stock. It's such a smooth blade, by far the smoothest I've used. And it's sharp. I didn't even realize that it was cutting, that's how smooth it is for me. That's the star of today's shave. I'll have to find a way to reciprocate the kindness that Dave showed, I'll figure something out. I got a dfs++, almost bbs, but I didn't go atx. No complaints. The soap had its usual stellar performance.

PSX_20190629_090907.jpg

I was feeling quite cheery, so I went with the always upbeat Mad Caddies. Well, almost always upbeat. The first song on this record is slow, but it's catchy. This is a solid ska record and takes me back to being a band geek in high school.

Emma and Matilda popped for a few minutes to see what I was going like I don't do. Matilda came really close to licking my lathered brush, but I guess she could sense that wouldn't have been super smart.

My partner and I have taken it upon ourselves to tidy up what is my regular truck. We'll probably get in trouble for trying to make it better, but at least we tried. I'm off to save parrots from trees, yes that was a real 911 call (hint: it can fly). I hope we're all having a solid weekend!

Nice entry and Really nice Photo. I've always liked Ska(I too was a HS band geek), I even helped my band director at the end of my senior year put together the next years ska themed Marching show.

Awesome shave today and seems like the Rockwell 6s is working out for you. I haven't tried the Wizamet blades, but I love the Polsilver which are basically the same blade!

Ugh! Hurricane season...don't remind me!

Glad it worked as well for you too. I was starting to wonder if I was over selling but they are smoooooooth and sharp for sure. I honestly think they are a step up from current Pol Silver.

Great update today! Those Wizamet blades are quickly taking over the shave journals! Good stuff!

Your talk about paperwork made me think - do you have to file paperwork for each call you get sent out to? Like a report?

Nice couple of shaves! I agree with the Green Day comment. I lost interest in the band a long time ago, but Kerplunk is one of my favorite records...I didn't even realize they were still putting out new material!

Back