The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

All that buildup and no go? Must be an inspection coming or something!
Worse than an inspection. We're having an open house next Saturday. The community will be walking through our yard and station like they own the joint, and a lot of them aren't happy that their taxes paid for this station.

Best make sure that you have your favorite music blasting away during the open house. That should soothe their savage breasts (often misquoted as 'beast').

Well...that was an interesting video. I laughed though when the mom picked up the mini bamboo plant. Nice Shave and good luck with the CDL stuff!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick Eversharp G8
  • Blade: Ted Pella (1)/Supply (1)
  • Brush: Ever Ready 200T, 22mm Maggard SHD bulb
  • Soap: Dr. Jon's Crystal Lake
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel, Dr. Jon's Crystal Lake
  • Music: none/sound of WW2 documentary about Czechoslovakia during May 1945 spoken in Russian.
I feel like crap right now. All the times I was talking trash and reminding @GearNoir to stay hydrated has created an ironic situation. I am probably on the verge of heat exhaustion and it's all because of the time spent cutting somebody out of a house and the lack of hydration during that operation. I'm working on it, and I've been through worse...a story for later if the occasion arises.

The metal stuff is all new to me. The Eversharp came in today and it's in remarkable condition. The blades, we'll get to why I needed two, are courtesy of @The Monkey and @CBLindsay respectively; thank you gentlemen! Your kindness is very much appreciated.

I'm taking the 200T out for a spin with this knot prior to setting it. Actually, it was kinda stuck in the handle for the duration of the shave until I was able to pull it loose. The knot lives up to its name. Holy moly, this thing is dense! I already knew what to expect, but it's still wowing.

I opted for something a little more summery in Crystal Lake. Coconut, vanilla, and various herbs come together to make a sweet, but not too sweet scent in the coconut and vanilla, which is evened out by the herbs. Great scent and a great base!

So onto the explanation of the two blades. I started with a Ted Pella and was hoping for a nice, easy mode shave. The hope was dashed to pieces because that blade wasn't cutting anything at all. I thought it was that I wasn't pressing hard enough, but that wasn't it. Luckily I had a Supply blade on hand and slipped it in hoping it was just the blade. Spoiler.......it was the blade. After lathering up again the Supply blade made quick work of my 2 day growth. I did have a couple of nicks, but my shave went better than expected. DFS was the result and I can't complain.

PSX_20190624_143106.jpg

No music today, just the sounds of a man speaking Russian talking about things that I hope I never have to understand. I've seen plenty of tragedy, but I hope to never couple that with war.

Thanks for reading!I hope everybody is having a great Monday!

I feel like crap right now. All the times I was talking trash and reminding @GearNoir to stay hydrated has created an ironic situation. I am probably on the verge of heat exhaustion and it's all because of the time spent cutting somebody out of a house and the lack of hydration during that operation. I'm working on it, and I've been through worse...a story for later if the occasion arises.
Don’t worry about me...I’m not being critical or anything...nope, not this guy... :unsure:

Digging the ‘jectah love in the air today! Got me wondering, do Scott Air Packs have a hydration system in them? It would seem natural. Heck back in my old M-17a1 days we had a drink tube.

Sometimes when the blade isn't cutting it is because you installed it backwards. ...or more accurately, the blade cartridge had the blade installed backward and you installed it properly BUt it was still backwards.

Sometimes when the blade isn't cutting it is because you installed it backwards. ...or more accurately, the blade cartridge had the blade installed backward and you installed it properly BUt it was still backwards.
That would just mean that pass-1 was ATG and pass-2 was WTG, right? 🤪

Digging the ‘jectah love in the air today! Got me wondering, do Scott Air Packs have a hydration system in them? It would seem natural. Heck back in my old M-17a1 days we had a drink tube.
They absolutely do not. That would make too much sense. If it's progressive, it's ignored because we can't mess with tradition.

I see. I'll keep that in mind for when I try the Ted Pellas again. I vaguely remember somebody mentioning that, but I forgot all about it.

No shave today, but I took some time from my rehydration to finish up the Ever Ready 100. I used the sanding pads that @uacowboy suggested, and they did the trick! I used all of them progressively and was very impressed with the result. The pictures don't do it justice. The bottom is a little tricky and I'm afraid to clean it up more because of how little material there is for the lettering.

IMG_20190625_131920.jpg

IMG_20190625_131927.jpg

Back