The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Super (1)
  • Brush: The pink one
  • Soap: B&M Leviathan
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, B&M Leviathan
  • Frag: none
  • Music: girlfriends - girlfriends
Rumors of my demise are an exact account, but also made up. Hello, I'm sure you're wondering why I gathered you here today. Reasons. @MilkCrate just texted me and I figured it was time to pop back in.

Right Handed Giant is dead, along with the last of my Stirling Gentleman. I had started working on CBL Dirt Orange or whatever it is, but I wasn't feeling it at all this morning. Killing Leviathan gives me a chance to buy a new set in the latest base next year, seeing as how it's becoming an annual release. Great shave. I had been neglecting the Vector, but because science. I've been going back and forth between PAA El Phantasmo I think it's called (groan), the Merkur Bakelite I got from @mrdoug, and the Wunderbar. The phantom is actually a phenomenal razor for me, and although I'm still not particularly fond of the vendor, I would like to see the razor sold in a not limited edition manner so others can enjoy.

No picture for Dave to eat today.

girlfriends is one of my latest fascinations. Fronted by 2010's pop rapper, T. Mills. This is another album in the trend of rappers going pop punk. It started with Vic Mensa, next was Machine Gun Kelly, and now Travis Mills. I don't see the trend stopping.

Work is work. I got called into chief's office for a not super great conversation, but it was healthy and the air has been cleared. Actually, my cheerful disposition had been slipping along with my work ethic and everybody on my shift asked if I was alright. Honestly, I'm tired. Everybody on other shifts have been able to use vacation time, but because I'm one of two paramedics on my shift and I have an undying loyalty to the other paramedic, I can't just take time off, not even for self-preservation. We're getting a paramedic from another shift soon, and we're both looking forward to training him because he's been beat down by another shift and needs a positive change. I'll be coordinating with Mel so we can get some much needed rest as soon as we get him trained up. Oh yeah, I've been married for a year now. I celebrated by going to work, thankfully Venessa was understanding of my situation at work. I think that's about it for today. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre.

Happy anniversary Ben! It was funny reading some of the FB comments on that 😂

EMS really knows how to chew em up and spit em out huh? Thanks for what you do. Sorry it seems to have to be like that. I hope this new dude gets you some relief!

Happy anniversary Ben! It was funny reading some of the FB comments on that 😂

EMS really knows how to chew em up and spit em out huh? Thanks for what you do. Sorry it seems to have to be like that. I hope this new dude gets you some relief!
Thanks, Chris! I certainly have an eclectic group of friends. Lol

You ain't lying. I'm glad my shift spoke up. He's already is giving me relief just knowing that help is on the way.

Happy Anniversary Ben!

I hope the break comes soon. I can only imagine how trying of a job it is. ☹️
Happy Anniversary!
Thanks, gents.

Hey you celebrate your anniversary the same way I do....except when you celebrate you’re saving lives and I’m just selling scrap...ok maybe it’s not exactly the same. Happy anniversary sir!
I'll have you know that I haven't saved a single life yet! So you were right the first time! :ROFLMAO:

Hey you celebrate your anniversary the same way I do....except when you celebrate you’re saving lives and I’m just selling scrap...ok maybe it’s not exactly the same. Happy anniversary sir!

Thanks, gents.

I'll have you know that I haven't saved a single life yet! So you were right the first time! :ROFLMAO:

Whoa Ben! Have some dignity for the deceased. Sheesh. 🤣

I kid, I kid... I know what you meant (as I slowly back away). 😉

Whoa Ben! Have some dignity for the deceased. Sheesh. 🤣

I kid, I kid... I know what you meant (as I slowly back away). 😉
There might be one or two people around these parts with a darker sense of humor. :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations! That's a great feeling. Hang in there at work, help sounds as though it is on the way. (y)
Thanks, Bruce. It definitely feels like we're over a hump. And our help starts tomorrow. Just looked at the schedule and he's getting his ride time with the other paramedic. He gone learn.

• Razor: 6S, R6
  • Blade: Treet Silver, new
  • Brush: Pea soup
  • Soap: Central Texas Mr. Pepper
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Central Texas Mr. Pepper
  • Frag: none
  • Music: bilmuri - Eggy Pocket

Just popping in to pop in. Work has been work. Still going through growing pains as a department, but I feel we're growing into what we need to be. It's becoming more apparent that I'll be part of the next set of promotions, although I don't think that's anywhere close to being set in stone. And I got a third job. I'll be alternating the second and third jobs to save my soul from eternal exhaustion.

I feel like smelling like Dr. Pepper today. No other rhyme or reason to it. I've started working on CBL Dirt Orange or whatever it is (you'd think I'd remember considering I just looked at the label 5 minutes ago) and it's about halfway gone. I'm not sure what will be the next to go. Maybe one of my B&M Reserve sets????? I dunno. This splash still burns the hell out of my face. Might be worth an effort to kill the soap and ditch the splash.

This phone ate my picture.

This is a fun listen.

Tomorrow is a regular day for me. I might make a day trip up to visit a friend that is working a couple of counties over. I haven't seen that jackass in over a year. I think that's about it. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

• Razor: Trac II Duck
  • Blade: Trac II Personna, like 3 uses or something
  • Brush: The American one I think
  • Soap: Noble Otter Barrbarr
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Noble Otter Barrbarr
  • Frag: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
  • Music: Four Year Strong - Brain Pain
I made a post a couple of days ago and deleted it a couple of minutes later because there was a city email not to talk about a certain event. I didn't mention any details about the event, but there was a comment about a piece of equipment that I have to wear that might've given away what's going on and didn't want to risk getting in trouble. But yeah, I had a bad week at work and it feels like the worst is behind me, but I'm still super stressed. I might reach out to a couple of you that were or are in the business to pick your brains.

Back to shaving. I pretty much killed Orange Dirt and I decided to move onto Barrbarr. There's the beginning of a donut of death in Barrbarr now. One "issue" I'm coming across in my rapid slaying of soaps is the matching splashes aren't even close to keeping pace so I have bottles that aren't even close to half done. This also leaves plenty of opportunity to mix and match scents now, so that's cool. I've used the Trac II the past couple of shaves just because I was short on time, requiring a quick up and down shave. It's not the best, but by no means the worst.

Good tunes the past few days.

I'm doing well, added stress aside. I just really, really need to take some time off. The department administrative assistant mentioned yesterday that I have 130 hours of holiday that I haven't used and will lose. It's been that kind of year. I haven't felt like I can take time off as one of the two paramedics on shift. I guess there's the other one, but he doesn't count. That's another frustrating subject. I'll have to get with my captain and Mel to get something sorted out so we don't feel like we're screwing each other over by taking time off. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back