The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

If you take the right vehicle you can park in the red fire lane!
If it were in the cities that I work in, absolutely. But HPD can be quite unforgiving.

You're pregnant and expecting the day after Danger Baby arrives!!!
Did you pick up on it the last time I was on Zoom?! I wasn't even showing!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Red Tip
  • Blade: Gillette Super Thin (???)
  • Brush: The Grizzly Bear one or something like that
  • Soap: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Spiced
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Spiced splash
  • Frag: none
  • Music: none
I'm awake again! My FTO insists on having me back again because, "you haven't had any good calls." Yeah, that's true, but I'll also be on FTO for a damn eternity if he keeps that mentality because true emergencies don't happen very often. Whatever. Alright so the news! @Patelliott, tomorrow has come as promised! I am taking part in a study to see if the BCG vaccine can decrease the risk of COVID or decrease the severity of COVID if infected. Over the next 6 months I'll be sending in dry blood samples and getting a blood draw every so often. The BCG vaccine is already used worldwide as a tuberculosis vaccine and it has been shown to protect against bacteria, fungi, and viruses, including the flu. So I'm hoping this means I won't get the flu this year because last year sucked. I think it's really cool that I was invited to participate in the study considering that they didn't consider including first responders initially.

Spiced!!! I love this scent!!! I'm already familiar with the soap base, so I'll just ignore that nonsense. The scent! The first note I picked out was absolutely mandarin, which is the first note listed. After a little more careful beak jamming, I was able to pick out the carnation, anise, and cinnamon. This is a really well balanced accord that balances sweet and spicy perfectly. When I say spicy, I don't mean overtly spicy, but just a hint, something to contrast the sweet. This is a real winner to my nose. I can't think of anything to compare it to right now.

I definitely need to get back on some sort of medication. My anxiety kills me every time I'm at the part time job, understandably so with all the jerking around. I maybe had 60 ounces of water the hole day, which was negated by my nervous bladder. Damn that thing to hell. But yeah, I'm trying to get hydrated again to make this headache go away. The cool thing about knowing some medical stuff is that I know what's wrong and how to fix it. Unfortunately I can't exactly give myself IV fluids, but the next best thing is drink a serious amount of water over the next couple of days. I think I'll live. Quesadillas for dinner tonight! Ole! I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Okay...so you are taking a tuberculosis vaccine to see if it protects against COVID19. Okay...I get it...I think...especially if it has anti-viral properties. So is the study seeing if you happen to come into contact with COVID19 or are you being purposefully infected? Just curious. Because with all the stuff we are learning now about the virus (and all the stuff we haven't learned...or maybe even all the stuff we knew but now are told we don't know...who knows) I think this is kind of a toss up of weather you come into contact with it in the first place. Not, dissing the study...just more curious than anything. Do they do a blood panel before hand to check bio markers like red blood cells, vitamin D levels, other markers that could indicate higher immune responses or overall general health? Again...just curious...because to give a ton of people a vaccine like that without identifying confounders seems weird to me.

You got to keep hydrated man! Also...and I am sure you know this to...but a lot of people overlook the importance of electrolytes in the system. Not talking about gatorade...but a pinch of salt sometimes does one some good. When I get bad headaches I try to hydrate first with just a pinch of salt. Usually in about 15 to 20 minutes...headache is gone. I hope you figure it out. And I hope you saved a Gosh Dang Kase-a-dilla for me!

Okay...so you are taking a tuberculosis vaccine to see if it protects against COVID19. Okay...I get it...I think...especially if it has anti-viral properties. So is the study seeing if you happen to come into contact with COVID19 or are you being purposefully infected? Just curious. Because with all the stuff we are learning now about the virus (and all the stuff we haven't learned...or maybe even all the stuff we knew but now are told we don't know...who knows) I think this is kind of a toss up of weather you come into contact with it in the first place. Not, dissing the study...just more curious than anything. Do they do a blood panel before hand to check bio markers like red blood cells, vitamin D levels, other markers that could indicate higher immune responses or overall general health? Again...just curious...because to give a ton of people a vaccine like that without identifying confounders seems weird to me.

You got to keep hydrated man! Also...and I am sure you know this to...but a lot of people overlook the importance of electrolytes in the system. Not talking about gatorade...but a pinch of salt sometimes does one some good. When I get bad headaches I try to hydrate first with just a pinch of salt. Usually in about 15 to 20 minutes...headache is gone. I hope you figure it out. And I hope you saved a Gosh Dang Kase-a-dilla for me!
A ton of people might be a stretch. I know the study just started and they haven't vaccinated everybody that's getting vaccinated, but I can't imagine it being more than 500 people when it's said and done. They drew blood for exactly that. I'll give blood again in 4 weeks I think. There's always a chance for me to get infected at work - people lie. I had a chick that purposefully called 911 with COVID symptoms even though she didn't have them. I'd prefer to not get it at all, but being part of the study has the potential to help other people whether it works or not.

Back