The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Wunderbar
  • Blade: 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless, new
  • Brush: Paladin
  • Soap: Phoenix and Beau Right Handed Giant
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Brut
  • Frag: Pure Havane
  • Music: Deftones - Ohms
The damn mosquitoes are kinda gonna, but have been replaced with other creatures seeking shelter from our version of cool weather. It's currently 62°. So there's that.

I switched up the razor and blade to add a little zesty changeup. The blade was a little harsh and for some reason my brain thought it would be brilliant to ride the bar. While not the worst idea ever, it would've been a better idea to ride the cap with all the aggressiveness. Oh well. I'm almost BBS and I smell phenomenal.

New Deftones album! I'm a few days late getting to it, but I enjoyed it during my shave and on the way to work. The song above is a banger in my books.

I keep going back and forth on picking up a polymer pistol frame to start a build with. A few years ago I helped out a guy that built guns around the corner from my station and my apartment, so I'm super familiar with building things. The hardest part is gonna be actually buying it because of the wait, but even that part is easy because I don't have another other parts to start installing. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I was thinking about it, but I don't have space to finish it at my apartment and I don't want to do it at work because reasons. I have a paperweight in the shape of an AR 80% lower receiver that I'll get to eventually. A good 1911 80% is somewhere on the horizon too.

I was thinking about it, but I don't have space to finish it at my apartment and I don't want to do it at work because reasons. I have a paperweight in the shape of an AR 80% lower receiver that I'll get to eventually. A good 1911 80% is somewhere on the horizon too.

Sweet! Do we have a firearms section (I hadn’t looked)?

Well now I am all for that. This super model has a few talents...armourer would be one of them. If its polymer I would go Glock frame because you can customize it 50 ways from Sunday...only 33 parts max Hermano...you can get that done in an afternoon with minimal (if any) part fitting....but what cal? 1911 are always classic...

Oh and you smell awesome! :sneaky:(y)

Well now I am all for that. This super model has a few talents...armourer would be one of them. If its polymer I would go Glock frame because you can customize it 50 ways from Sunday...only 33 parts max Hermano...you can get that done in an afternoon with minimal (if any) part fitting....but what cal? 1911 are always classic...

Oh and you smell awesome! :sneaky:(y)
I've been eyeing a Ghost Grey Precision compact frame. It takes Glock gen 3 parts, but the customization is what draws me to it. I can get a stock G19 gen 5 for just over $500. I'd spend more on the customization, but it'd also be exactly what I want from top to bottom.

I’ll look around.
I couldn't find anything in Other Interests. Might've missed it, though. If it doesn't exist, I think it'll be cool to ask the bosses nicely if we can talk about firearms around here as long as we keep it civil.

Building your own gun sounds like a lot of fun! Reminds me I still haven’t gotten out to the range with my HK yet. 😕

I don’t think I’ve seen a thread pop up on the subject before but arms do get brought up here n there in random posts.

7073E074-1F10-4958-AC14-3BB7B633C148.gif

Building your own gun sounds like a lot of fun! Reminds me I still haven’t gotten out to the range with my HK yet. 😕

I don’t think I’ve seen a thread pop up on the subject before but arms do get brought up here n there in random posts.

View attachment 36712
It's been a while since I've been to the range too. Well over a year. But there's a range being built within walking distance from my apartment.

It's been a while since I've been to the range too. Well over a year. But there's a range being built within walking distance from my apartment.

We recently lost our range. My dad had 125 acres and has recently sold all but 12 acres. I told him I need a berm at the back of the new property line, so we’ll see what happens.

I once shot a Glock. I have friend here who's a shooting enthusiast. Holly crap was it hard to shoot, I couldn't hit anything.
Not every gun is perfect for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We recently lost our range. My dad had 125 acres and has recently sold all but 12 acres. I told him I need a berm at the back of the new property line, so we’ll see what happens.
Give me a shovel and the beer I asked you to hold for me a few weeks ago, and I'll get it taken care of!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Wunderbar
  • Blade: 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless (1)
  • Brush: Paladin
  • Soap: Phoenix and Beau Right Handed Giant
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Brut
  • Frag: Mercedes Benz Man Grey
  • Music: I don't remember
Today is my Friday, and it's been a productive one. I guess today is actually Friday, but that's an unimportant detail. Admin is gone for the day, and the station duties are done, so the rest of the day is ours.

I opted to sleep in a few extra minutes so that's shave was a little more rushed than the past few. I remembered to ride the cap and it was so much more comfortable and enjoyable. Right Handed Giant is chugging right along, and the mark I made is well above where the soap is now.

The past few days have been exhausting so they're all merging into one big blur. I worked 10 hours of OT yesterday, which wasn't the worst thing ever, but it was exhausting not really having any down time to rest my eyes. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow and Sunday, it's been a long week. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

The "Friday" comments had me cracking up. :ROFLMAO:

As for the OT, I would guess that many of us have had our share of stupidly long days. At least you get a break right now to recover. Rest up, ducky one.

Back