The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

The "Friday" comments had me cracking up. :ROFLMAO:

As for the OT, I would guess that many of us have had our share of stupidly long days. At least you get a break right now to recover. Rest up, ducky one.
Good night
I'm awake again! I feel like a million bucks! I'll leave it up to you guys to determine if I'm a deer or currency.

Nice ... Happy Friday to ya!
And to you as well, Tim!

Today’s 90s themed motivational gif:
View attachment 36941
KITTY

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: iKon X3
  • Blade: Gillette Super Thin???
  • Brush: SV/TSC
  • Soap: Dr Jon's Reggie's Deep Space Punch
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Pomps Not Dead Shaves The Day splash
  • Frag: none
  • Music: who knows
Squad crashed while I was waiting for the next game so I guess this is a good time to type up today's entry.

I switched up everything as a reward for really getting after Right Handed Giant. The lather today seemed lacking, but I pulled a whatever out of @GearNoir's bag of tricks and only loaded for 20 seconds. I can't tell if that's the culprit or not. Well really everything about this shave wasn't super great. I don't think the blade was in perfect alignment like I'm used to and I hardly got any blade feel, which resulted in barely taking down any whiskers. I'm actually totally okay with that because that gives me something to shave tomorrow. I think I'll continue with the *gasp* 3017 tomorrow.

Work was work. I did have an interesting day, though. Of my 3 calls, 2 were heart attacks. Pause. A heart attack in the media usually means cardiac arrest. A heart attack (STEMI non NSTEMI) can cause cardiac arrest, but not the other way around. Unpause. The first one wasn't nearly as eventful as the second, but I can't really talk about it because reasons. That third call though, that was a weird one. I don't even know where to begin with that one, so I'll just leave it as a mystery for you guys. A couple of my friends are setting up a DnD game, which I'm super excited about because it gives me something to look forward to pretty much every weekend. Oh! And my new bed came in. Memory foam FTW! I think that's about it for today. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

New beds rock...bad blade alignment does not! As long as you have nothing hanging off your face as a result...FTW!

I know because of privacy you’re hesitant to give details of stories. Which makes you tell non-stories. My suggestion is just use Barber Dave as the patient in your story every day. Sounds like today was a rough day for BD. Especially 2 heart attacks in a row!

I played in a weekly DnD game for years. They were some of the best times I've had. Good luck with yours! What type of character do you play? I was always a lawful good magic user.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love my memory foam mattress. I will admit that it took me about a week to get used to it. I went from a super soft mattress to a pretty firm memory foam. I won't be going back to a conventional mattress anytime soon.

I know because of privacy you’re hesitant to give details of stories. Which makes you tell non-stories. My suggestion is just use Barber Dave as the patient in your story every day. Sounds like today was a rough day for BD. Especially 2 heart attacks in a row!
I think that'll work. I'll just leave out the graphic Barber Dave stories.

I played in a weekly DnD game for years. They were some of the best times I've had. Good luck with yours! What type of character do you play? I was always a lawful good magic user.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Honestly, I have no idea. I kinda just do whatever and roll with the.......dice. Haha, I made a funny. My last character fell into a pit and almost got eaten by rats because of about 5 bad rolls, so I'm definitely moving on from that traumatic experience. :ROFLMAO:

I love my memory foam mattress. I will admit that it took me about a week to get used to it. I went from a super soft mattress to a pretty firm memory foam. I won't be going back to a conventional mattress anytime soon.
I know it takes a little time to break in a memory foam, but I slept like a BABY. I might just start a memory foam thread to tell people of this great new technology! 🤪 I'm definitely not going back ever, this is worth every penny.

My wife and I really like our Casper mattress. FWIW. Even though I don't know the brand of yours. Sounds like you are happy with it.
Stories involving work that has HIPA requirements can be problematic. Have a good Sunday.
Fluffy

My wife and I really like our Casper mattress. FWIW. Even though I don't know the brand of yours. Sounds like you are happy with it.
Stories involving work that has HIPA requirements can be problematic. Have a good Sunday.
Fluffy
I don't remember coming across that brand in doing my research. I'll keep that in mind for the next bed.

I like to say, "the hippos are always watching." The line is super fine and I'm constantly fighting the urge to cross it to give my perspective on what some people might find interesting.

The one thing that took a while for me to adjust to was the fact that, at least the memory foam mattress we have, it sleeps a little warmer than a regular box spring mattress. It was a bit uncomfortable that way for about a week or two, though I’m used to it now.

The one thing that took a while for me to adjust to was the fact that, at least the memory foam mattress we have, it sleeps a little warmer than a regular box spring mattress. It was a bit uncomfortable that way for about a week or two, though I’m used to it now.
That's an interesting problem. I just assumed they were all cooler by default. But then again you live in a very different climate, so I'm sure that has an effect.

• Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Professional Super, new
  • Soap: Phoenix and Beau Right Handed Giant
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Brut
  • Frag: Pure Havane
  • Music: Descendents - Cool To Be You
Venessa said that this was my room when we first moved in...and that was a lie. Now it's my room and I get to do whatever I want with the bed. Honestly, I want cartoon sheets, but I'm also supposed to be an adult, so I put on my big boy pants and got a conservative set of sheets and a conservative quilt, along with some not super flat pillows to replace the ones that are...super flat. Squad night was really fun. Playing with people you know really makes a difference.

Back to RIght Handed GIant. I think I'm going to rotate through my brushes. I was thinking as I was using the Paladin that I have a couple of other premium brushes that are just collecting dust, then I realized that all of my brushes are collecting dust when I only use one brush. I also cut myself under my nose, which seems to be the hotspot for this razor. All appendages are still attached, but I'd prefer it if I still had the same amount of blood that I woke up with.

Milo Auckerman is the ultimate punk nerd. The dude left the band to get a PhD in some sort of Biology field. Rivers Cuomo is the stereotypical rock nerd, but he doesn't have a PhD that I know of.

Go Chargers! I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Right handed giant...I think I just made the connection lol. Previously I was just like...”uh ok...whatever that means...darn confusing ducks”. 🤪

Right handed giant...I think I just made the connection lol. Previously I was just like...”uh ok...whatever that means...darn confusing ducks”. 🤪
There's a connection? I haven't put any thought into it at all. Some of these artisans get names from the most obscure places, so I gave up solving the mystery.

• Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Professional Super (1)
  • Soap: Phoenix and Beau Right Handed Giant
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Brut
  • Frag: Spicebomb
  • Music: bilmuri - Bilmuri and Friends
They lied to me! My FTO felt that he needed to see me in a stressful environment to sign off on me. So here I am. Easy peasy. I'll be leaving early in the morning because I have an interesting matter to attend to in the medical center. I'll let you guys in on the secret once I have a few more details. I'm only nervous about parking. Parking in that area is a damn nightmare.

It continues. No nicks this time, just a nice easy shave. I can confidently say that this knot is broken in. This thing is extremely soft and a real treat.

Just a random song that intrigues me. Pop culture eludes me, but I can appreciate a cover of a popular song.

Dave, if you see this, I wish you all the best! I know I'm going to miss you around TSC, and I know for a fact I won't be the only one. Check in whenever you can. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Last edited:
Back