The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I guess once you’re at the fire, just leave the keys in the ignition and walk away...whatever happens happens... :p

Air brakes can be a very interesting experience the first time you drive a vehicle equipped with them. You'll get to know the dashboard and/or windshield very well if you're not careful 😂 😂 😂

That's a really good SOTD pic too by the way (y)

Air brakes can be a very interesting experience the first time you drive a vehicle equipped with them. You'll get to know the dashboard and/or windshield very well if you're not careful 😂 😂 😂

That's a really good SOTD pic too by the way (y)
I'm generally aware of the potential. I've had a chance to back up an engine before and those brakes be funky.

Gracias! RGB filter FTW!

Great stuff Ben! Dont let other peoples decisions get you down, you did your best and sometimes people can be so stubburn that it is their downfall.

As a side note: +1 on Hardcore music. Love all kinds of music and go to local Hardcore shows quite often and its always a great time!

Any local bands I should check out? I can go months without finding new music and it sucks.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Merkur 37C
  • Blade: GSB (4)
  • Brush: Grizzly Bay 26mm something
  • Soap: Stirling Soap Co Pharoh's Dreamsicle
  • Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co Pharoh's Dreamsicle
  • Music: New Found Glory - From The Screen To Your Stereo Vol 3
  • Pomade: Rumble 59 - Schmiere Special Edition Zombie (Strong hold)
It's hump day for us on A shift, except for my captain who is pulling at least a 72 hour shift, maybe a 96. I gotta say I feel very well rested. I went to sleep at 9 last night and slept through the night; I was exhausted after waking up at 530 to respond to an actual major accident and do 4 other reports. I went home at 1pm and didn't nap. I'm ready for the inevitable nonsense that the universe will bring to my doorstep at work.

Same metal stuff. The blade is still stupid smooth and I expect that to be the case for at least another two weeks of shaves. I'm tempted to test how far it'll go, but I value my skin too much.

I wanted to use a synthetic today and I hadn't used this one in a while. I actually think it's a 28mm, but I can't remember.

The soap selection was actually based on the aftershave, which was specifically for the menthol. The humidity could probably kill me if I didn't use menthol today. This is a great summer scent and the matching splash with menthol does the trick.

I had another great shave without any drama. I guess the only drama was that the babies woke up, so I let them out and join me. The Cadre's loss of Mittens reminded me of how precious the time with our furry loved ones is. Matilda and Emma didn't get too involved, but I sensed that they kept the shave gremlins away.

PSX_20190620_054523.jpg

This is New Found Glory's latest released and is the third installment of their cover albums. There are some real bangers for you more wise members, a couple of songs from the 80's. The Let It Go cover is probably the most palatable of all the covers I've heard so far.

I've had this pomade for a while and I use it on and off. It has decent hold, the scent isn't horrible, but it's a pain to apply. My hands have to be completely dry in order to emulsify it properly otherwise my hands will just slip around doubt nothing. That's really my only complaint.

Side review time! I used my Stirling Glacial Coconut Lime bath soap for the first time. If you will pardon my crude and ungentlemanly euphemism, my unseen areas were freezing right away, and that's really the only area that was affected. I'll have to keep using it to see if it gets any better.

I hope you're all having a great week so far. We're almost at the weekend, finish strong! Thanks for reading.

Come July or August the TX heat will give Glacial a run for it’s money.
That's the thing. Only that part of my body felt the glacial. Nothing anywhere else. Don't get me wrong, it'll feel great after a structure fire, but I was hoping for more of my body to feel the menthol. Maybe a cooler shower might help. Time for science!

You need to stop judging me, Chris! It's a catchy cover! Pfffft. Whatever, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone! 🎶

Back