The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Turns out that I've been too conservative with my splash because I'm at about 90% with the splash and 40% with the soap.

Soaps usually don't last as long as splashes with me either. It doesn't matter much to me, I just keep using them till gone. It's nice to have a matching soap and AS combo, but most soap scents disappear so quickly it's a moot point in my book. Enjoy your new job, Ben!

Soaps usually don't last as long as splashes with me either. It doesn't matter much to me, I just keep using them till gone. It's nice to have a matching soap and AS combo, but most soap scents disappear so quickly it's a moot point in my book. Enjoy your new job, Ben!
I don't think I've ever finished a set so I don't know anything about that.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Wunderbar
  • Blade: 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless I think
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: EC Bay Rum
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Chilly Clubman
  • Frag: Cuba Royal
  • Music: Direct Hit! - Wasted Mind
Back at work for the first time in what feels like forever. I have a student so there's that. I had lunch with the bestie and we talked about expectations. She has a point. It's not fair to everybody else to hold them to the seemingly impossibly high standards I have for myself. I'm exercising that acknowledgement today with my student. I've made it a point to teach him a couple of things to not so much test his knowledge but teach him how to think a little more efficiently and to be okay with saying I don't know when things fall apart.

Back to killing this cream. The scent didn't bother me as much today. I give it a couple of weeks before it's done. It would probably be finished if I used it a little more consistently. Oh well. Whatever. I'm starting to realize that I can't go laterally across my neck because I get weepers no matter what I do or what I use. It's a mystery for me. DFS+. I've gotten a lot of compliments on Cuba Royal today. I liken it to a less potent Paco Rabanne 1 Million, but with more patchouli...I think. You can get a bit of bang for your $8, though.

@Dave in KY didn't eat my picture, but I'm going to say he did.

I hadn't listened to DH in a while. And the energy made it easy to crawl out of bed and get the day started.

I was thinking about the differences between the full time and part time jobs. I already established myself as competent and knowledgeable at my full time. The part time hasn't seen that yet and it's really weird having to prove myself again. That's not really a problem, it's just weird. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Your bestie is most wise and has given you good council. We all learn and grow at different speeds. Also remember to temper your confidence with humility.

A good shave to start the day. Be careful out there.

Back