The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Nice setup, Hang in there Ben
Thanks, Dave. I've crawled home from worse, but it'll take some time.

It's the crappy days that help us appreciate the good things in life even more.
However unfortunate the existence of crappy days are, you're absolutely correct.

Nice setup! @Patelliott sent me a sample of Lonestar and I might have to buy that one ... dang it.

Hang in there brother ... you got this.
Go get you some! Our fellow Texan @Patelliott wouldn't do you wrong.

If it wasn’t Barrbarr...what was it? :unsure: 😜

Hang in there Ben!
-____- my eyes almost rolled out of my head, dad.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Jectah
  • Blade: Chick, new
  • Brush: TDR Milk Glass boar
  • Soap: Stirling Dirty South Shavers 2019
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Stirling Dirty South Shavers 2019 splash
  • Frag: the splash is plenty, thank you very much
  • Music: The Algorithm - brute force
I'm feeling better for the most part. I have something to distract me for the next 40-something hours - the part time job. The only thing that ever so slightly concerns me is that I'll have significantly less help, but given the kind and encouraging words from elder paramedics, I should be fine.

I wasn't going to shave today, but I figured I could use a fresh feeling after getting all of my clothes washed and my uniform set out in my bathroom. This is my first use of this software. I read somewhere that this is a Azzaro Chrome dupe. Whatever it is, it smells very nice. This is similar to Stirling Triumph (Paco Rabanne Invictus) in a sense that it's clean and fresh. It's unobtanium now; I got it from Rob Moffat, which inspired the brush selection. I was trying to remember where I left this damn injector this morning, so I figured that today was as good a day to find it and use it. I'm DFS and smelling like a snack, so to speak - please don't try to bite me.

Matilda ate the quote for today.

Random facebook memory turned into today's musical selection. @GearNoir is ever so slightly familiar with the song. Uhhhhhhh. Turn the volume down before you hit play.

Thanks for the love and support, gents. 2020 is nearing its end and we can soon look back on this crappy year in relief. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Always dress to impress...or in this case shave!
Random facebook memory turned into today's musical selection. @GearNoir is ever so slightly familiar with the song. Uhhhhhhh. Turn the volume down before you hit play.
Yea...that was a weird one lol...but I couldn’t stop watching :ROFLMAO:

Always dress to impress...or in this case shave!

Yea...that was a weird one lol...but I couldn’t stop watching :ROFLMAO:
Had I not already known about the music, I would've been hooked! The movements matched the music perfectly! :ROFLMAO:

Been a little absent from your journal Ben...sorry Bro! I see there has been a lot going on. It seems you are handling things just fine...but that doesn't make things all that much better. But you are doing it. We have all been there. Maybe not specifically where you are...but we have all been there. Life just sucks sometimes and there isn't anything you c an really do about it. Control what you can control and move one. I know this because I learned this lesson...the hard way. I'll likely have to learn it again at some point.

Hey man...so we live close enough that we should be able to have a coffee, tea, beer, or fifth of bourbon (that escalated) a couple times a year. When the world slows down a bit (and the land betwixt us is passable) we need to sit down and just do what buds do...bullshit each other. Until then...keep your chin up man.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Professional Super, I'm too lazy to look back
  • Brush: SV/TSC
  • Soap: CL/DL Unconditional Surrender
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, CL/DL Unconditional Surrender splash
  • Frag: Acqua di Parma Colonia
  • Music: Macklemore - The Heist
First day on duty at the part time gig. It's always thrown me off when I'm the third rider and in a completely different system. They do things drastically different here, but I'll figure it out, I always do.

I was going to use CBL Barbershop, but I sensed the need for my go-to power scent. I don't know why I don't use this stuff more often. The lather feels incredible and the scent is at the top of my list. BBS with no blood. Turns out that I've been too conservative with my splash because I'm at about 90% with the splash and 40% with the soap. No idea how that happened, but I'm happy to pour it on.

Too much in a hurry to be early to care for getting a picture.

Man, talk about feels. I listened to this album quite a bit during a really specific time in my life. I'm taken back to ask the things I thought and felt. Life goes on.

We're two calls in so far. Like I said, it's different. I mentioned to my supervisor that it feels like I'm a student again. I only have to do this for 3 shifts, so it'll be finished relatively quickly. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back