The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Super, new
  • Brush: TDR something
  • Soap: B&M 42
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, oops
  • Frag: B&M 42 EdT
  • Music: Brand New - Science Fiction
Back at work. Things appear to have gone sideways overnight. And that's all I'm going to say about that. My intern is frustrating me, but it's hard to get mad at him because I didn't know everything I do now when I was in his shoes. The lack of awareness and inattention to detail, though, that's killing me. All I can do is tell him to pay attention. Such is life.

After the topic my hermano guapo @Somnos brought up, I decided to pull out something that I feel is a little more suited for spring and early summer. This brush has an APSC Synbad knot and I keep forgetting how pleasant it is to use. This thing whipped up a gorgeous, cushiony lather that I could comfortably sleep on, figuratively speaking. I hadn't used a Super blade on some time so I figured I'd give it another shot to replace the last day blade. It was comfortable and easy to work with. The slightly greater blade exposure wasn't as harsh as I last remembered. I totally had the 42 splash on my counter, but a phone call distracted me and I forgot to apply it. I doused myself in 42 and ran out the door.

IMG_20200903_054746.jpg

Music to get through the morning routine.

I worked out my last shift. My legs are sore as hell. I wish more people lived on the ground level without the need for steps. My new fire gear came in and it's cool as heck. I think that's it for today. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Patience Hermano, he’ll come along but the inattentiveness is a bit troubling. Let not it be OCD on your part that may be leading to lack of attention on his...

Patience Hermano, he’ll come along but the inattentiveness is a bit troubling. Let not it be OCD on your part that may be leading to lack of attention on his...
He'll definitely come around. It might just be a lack of experience for him. In all fairness, I was pretty oblivious when I first started, so I'm hoping he learns how to pay attention to the little things people usually miss.

d1241dd5-c1d3-4860-a34e-3e7da29ed853-jpeg.34463

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Super, 1
  • Brush: Paladin
  • Soap: Extro Comesi Bay Rum
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, SV Desert Vetiver
  • Frag: Mugler Pure Havane
  • Music: Volumes - Coming Clean EP
It's been a :poop: morning. Pretend that pile of crap isn't smiling because I'm not. One of my coworkers got sent home permanently. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself. Last shift was stupid busy, and I held over after finishing my reports to help out the new engine in service and wash the loaner engine. I did that out of the kindness of my heart. I'm gonna bite my tongue.

The EC is just over half empty and I give it about 10-15 more shaves left. The more I use it, the more medicinal it smells. It's whatever. What isn't whatever but really is whatever is that I cut myself under my nose. I finished my shave without going into hemorrhagic shock, so that's good. Desert Vetiver smells nice, but I don't think it's for me.

IMG_20200905_052521.jpg

There's all kinds of drama behind this band. A dude left the band, then another dude joined, then one dude died, his brother left the band, and the first dude to leave came back. I like the music, though.

I am thoroughly bummed. My now former coworker texted me after she left. She mentioned how proud she was to see me become the paramedic I am today. Guys, I almost cried because of that text. What a jerk. I cried when she called to tell me that I past my paramedic exam. There's a huge part of my heart missing. I'm trying really hard to not make a knee jerk reaction, but it's not looking too hot. Oddly enough I had a friend message me last night about his department in the process of hiring. I'm have to think on it. I think that's enough feelings today. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre.

Sounds intense Ben. Seems like your instincts are correct. Big decisions in the “moment” right after something happens. Rarely go well. Hope that with a little time and thought. Your path will be a little easier to see after the fog of emotions starts to lift.
Hang in there. Don’t be afraid to reach out.
Fluffy.

I dropped this in my journal today, but thought you might appreciate it too. I love to momentarily forget my troubles in a great guitar solo.

Obviously some heavy stuff going on, that we don't need to know the details on, just hang on, if you're not sure about pushing that send button, it can always wait a day, a guitar solo, or whatever, till clarity comes.

Hang in there my man!

Sorry it’s been a bummer day Ben. I know you love what you do but I trust you’re going to also take care of and guard yourself from a toxic environment. Such situations are near impossible to improve without complete dismantling and starting over; they otherwise just chew you up and spit you out for the next bite.

Thanks guys, I've been trying to make the best of this crappy day. My partner once pointed out that good things don't last forever, and bad things don't last forever. I'm gonna keep on keeping on as Joe Dirt wisely said.

Back