The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather
  • Brush: HCS Merit
  • Soap: Victory Shaving Company Navigator
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Icy Velva
  • Frag: Mugler A*Men Pure Havane
  • Music: Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue
I hadn't been at work longer than 30 minutes before the old man pissed me off. Yup, we're back on the old schedule. Whatever. I'm just gonna be grumpy today. The department has prepared for Tuesday by mandating a shift, and they did it in the dumbest way possible. I'll end my gripe right there to save you some reading.

Second attempt with Navigator. Now I see why Dale said it can be finicky. The protolather was really airy and the perceived creamy lather was pretty airy too. I continued to add water and that kinda went away. The lather was anything but fluffy, but it was slick and protective. I don't give a crap how majestic it looks if it can't get the job done. This is some serious good soap. The Vector glided so ridiculously easy. My face is moisturized like nobody's business too, I don't think I even needed the Icy Velva.

IMG_20200823_053548.jpg

To be honest, the screaming probably set the mood. Oh well.

Food is on the table soon. I'm over the old man now. We're gonna have a great day. I'm on the box with one of the best paramedics we have. I think that's about it. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I'm very impressed with the Victory soaps I've got (Flak Bait, Night Raid). I'm going to order more mid September. Good luck today!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Way to turn it around before even finishing your post... Wish I recovered that quick 😜
You just need a breakfast sandwich!

I'm very impressed with the Victory soaps I've got (Flak Bait, Night Raid). I'm going to order more mid September. Good luck today!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks, Frank! I'll definitely be looking to pick up a couple more later on this year.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Duck Trac/Vector (you'll see why in a bit)
  • Blade: Personna cart (4????) Feather
  • Brush: TDR something with copper I think
  • Soap: Spearhead Shaving Oakmoss and Sandalwood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Icy Velva
  • Frag: Cuba Royal
  • Music: The Early November - The Room's Too Cold
What a day. It's been a busy one so far. I had a conversation with my captain, and he's let me know the expectations he has of me going forward. I feel like the issues with the old man have been addressed and he's starting to come around. And it makes sense why I get treated a little differently by him. Hurricane preparedness is the overwhelming goal of the day. I'll keep my opinions about that to myself. It's not looking like it's going to be a fun time. I'd be surprised if I'm not mandated to hold over and help. Whatever. It'll all be alright.

I was perceived that I was running a little behind so I figured that I'd grab the duck. Honestly, I think I'm slower with the duck, especially since it feels like the blades are nearing the end of their useful sharpness. It's not tugging, but there was plenty of stubble after my atg pass. I cleaned up with the Vector. So my shave wasn't as fast as I thought it would be. This particular soap, olfactory pleasing as it is, really burns the skin. That's really unfortunate because I really enjoyed the scent. I'll be going through my stuff and putting together an "I'm allergic to this PIF" pile. That'll be way into the future, though.

I ate the picture.

Just felt like one of those The Early November days. Generally peaceful music.

I can't say I got great sleep, but I loved it. I love it when the cats sleep with me, but I don't love it when I'm contorted for several hours. That's really about it. I guess we'll find out how long I'll be at work soon enough. I'm hoping the damn thing disappears into thin air, but that's unlikely. We'll just roll with the punches. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I’m glad that the work issues are looking like they are resolved. Sorry about the soap Ben. Stay safe out there! Hopefully the storm doesn’t get too bad!

Back