The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Wunderbar
  • Blade: Permasharp Stainless (2???)
  • Brush: WWB Argggggh
  • Soap: Lisa's Barber Shoppe
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Lisa's Barber Shoppe balm
  • Frag: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
  • Music: Bilmuri - wet milk EP
I'll start by saying that I'm still tired from my last shift and I go back tomorrow. That last one was truly bizarre, atypical, and wild. To say my intern got some experience that day would be an understatement. He and my partner got to see some cool procedures for the first time, and I got to experience poop in my pants. That particular call is still something I can't fully wrap my head around. Throw in a structure fire, and a mattress fire with injuries (I can't go into too much further detail for legal reasons) into the mix.

I've shaved since my last shift, but I've been too tired to document. But I have some downtime between my hazmat skills. I told Tim that I was going to grab Stirling Gentleman, but somebody mentioned Barber Shoppe and the lovely scent popped into my nose, so to speak. I still have SG on deck for tomorrow. I had a lovely, uneventful shave. The blade is still a little harsh, but it's smoothing out a bit, maybe it's better suited in a more mild razor. The scent in the balm is fleeting, but otherwise great.

this_is_the_picture.jpeg

I actually listened to The Fall Of Troy during my shave, but I discovered this band while eating lunch in my truck. I love the vibes. The music video is hilarious.

Orientation for the part time job went well. I think it's going to be a good fit for me. Venessa kinda freaked out last night and told me that she doesn't want me to work the part time job because I'll be more tired. It's almost like I told her that was going to happen, but she didn't say anything before. She didn't realize that me being tired yesterday was a culmination of the FT, little sleep, and PT rolled into one weekend. Luckily the hazmat thing is only today and I'll have 3 days off after tomorrow. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Well I'm glad you made it home ok...poop in the pants keeps you lively and alive. It's when you no longer get the "bowel loosening" moments that you should worry...keep it safe Brother!

I was gone for like two hours. What the hell happened here?! @Majorrich I'm blaming you! :ROFLMAO:

Glad everything came out all right Ben! Even if it was ill timed...
View attachment 32951
Thanks, Chris. Such is life.

Well I'm glad you made it home ok...poop in the pants keeps you lively and alive. It's when you no longer get the "bowel loosening" moments that you should worry...keep it safe Brother!
I'm with you on that.

Thanks for not elaborating on some of that stuff ... squirrel!
🤣 WHERE?!

You know how they say "Pics or it didn't happen?"
No pics, please
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back