The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

You know how they say "Pics or it didn't happen?"
No pics, please
giphy-downsized-large.gif
It's almost like you really do want pics. Hold on... :ROFLMAO:

Makes me think of a phrase an old boss used to say.
“Never turn down a roll in the hay. And after 50 don’t trust it’s just a fart.:rolleyes:

Seriously do you know how MANY Taco Bell gifs and memes there are?! I have been quietly chuckling in bed...man, I am going to get killed! @bentheduck for the love of your colon...please don’t eat there...😂

• Pre-shave: splash of cool water
  • Razor: Cattaraugus Cutlery
  • Blade: butter knife jk super sharp
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts Clouds
  • Soap: Victory Shaving Company Navigator
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Icy Velva
  • Frag: none
  • Music: none
And I'm back. It was a very long week. Hazmat skills are done, now I'm waiting for the state to receive my packet and approve me for the written exam. My book came in so I'll be studying the next couple of weeks because I remember exactly 3 things. I'll talk about work in a bit.

I kinda had to stay for an extra 24 hours at work and my kit magically didn't have any soap or splash. I might've had a brain fart and forgot to put something in. I ended up going to Walgreens to get some blades, Barbasol, and Aqua Velva. That was an interesting shave. But I digest. I wanted to test this new soap out with a straight shave. Lathering was simple enough. @Victory~Dale said it might be a little finicky, but I had no problems at all. The scent is lovely. I'm not very good at describing performance, but I didn't notice anything negative. The blade had plenty of slickness to ride on to make my one pass shave nice and easy. Icy Velva to finish. I'm gonna give Navigator another go tomorrow with the Vector, and I suspect that not being an amateur straight shaver will make the soap really shine.

"There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in man." - Sean Connery

My first day on shift was as wild as the last few shifts. The second day on was exactly as wild too. There wasn't a lot of down time in the 48, but I was happy to be able to get some sleep in the last 5 hours. To say I was exhausted would be an understatement. In addition to the usual ambulance stuff I held load the largest diameter hose onto the new pumper. That thing looks NOICE. I can't share any pictures of it because reasons, but I'll get some on here as soon as I'm allowed. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but that's alright. I hope you're all well. I'll be catching up on the journals over the next few days. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I can't share any pictures of it because reasons, but I'll get some on here as soon as I'm allowed.
What the heck? Secret fire truck stealth technology. Or the captain took all the bake sale money to the track to be able to afford it.

Back