The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

@Majorrich dropped a funny one I hadn’t heard in awhile couple weeks back BOHICA.
That's a new one for me, which is amazing. I've heard some pretty creative ways of speaking English in my short time on this rock. And I'm still slowly learning Spanish. :ROFLMAO:

That's a new one for me, which is amazing. I've heard some pretty creative ways of speaking English in my short time on this rock. And I'm still slowly learning Spanish. :ROFLMAO:
Oh buddy in my line of work both past and present you pick up some pretty “creative” ways of describing the current environment. Spanish has its own “gems” as do Portuguese, French, Italian...🤪

Oh buddy in my line of work both past and present you pick up some pretty “creative” ways of describing the current environment. Spanish has its own “gems” as do Portuguese, French, Italian...🤪
I once had a potentially inebriated patient say fiddlesticks several dozen times in our short time together. He said he didn't want to cuss in front of my female partner. Nice gesture, curious choice of word. :ROFLMAO:

Brewed with an attitude.
Can't go wrong!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Cattaraugus Cutlery 5/8 full hollow
  • Blade: a sharp one
  • Brush: Graydog
  • Soap: CBL Master Barber Back-alley Barber
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Pomp's Not Dead Shaves The Day splash
  • Frag: none
  • Music: New Found Glory - Not WIthout A Fight
I'm not sure when I woke up, but I know I haven't been particularly productive aside from shaving.

I realized at the end of my shave that I was supposed to be shaving to assess the post shave of this soap. Naturally I would pick the object that gives me the most skin trouble. On the plus side I figured out how to better get some trouble spots, but I still need some refinement. Other areas are just out of the question because of the length of the blades. Oh well. There are varying degrees of success of this shave, ranging from "haha try again, nerd," to "you got lucky this time." I'm slowly making progress. The splash has a perfect floral scent that made me forget that I ditched my mission before takeoff. It is what it is. Man, I haven't said that in a while.

IMG_20200718_135125.jpg

I read an interview this morning where they talked about how things have progressed over their 23 year career. It was super interesting. I feel like I've grown up with them despite the band members being a few years older than me.

There's an app that we use at work to get details on our calls, and even though I'm off today I turned it back on so I can know how my shift is doing. I kinda miss the turds today, but I'm considering today one of my much needed mental health days that I needed when we were on the other schedule. In unrelated me stuff, I'm reading up on stuff about Russia, prompted by me going down several holes after reading about Operation Ghost Stories. We live in a very strange world. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I actually say "fiddlesticks" 🤪. I think my wife has heard me swear twice in the 23 years we have been together.
That's actually pretty cool. Venessa swears more than I do. But she's a lady! :ROFLMAO:

Nice shave Ben. I hope your research doesn't result in nightmares for B11 and Bud!
I see what you did there! ;) Fortunately they're not actually ghost stories. I can't watch scary movies because my vivid imagination will keep me up all night.

Good read, enjoy the mental health day.
Thanks, Tim. I'm off to a decent start!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Professional
  • Brush: Paladin
  • Soap: CBL Premium Ghost Lime
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Bootleggers Arctic Lime, Monkey Butt
  • Frag: Mercedes-Benz Man Grey
  • Music: Silverstein - A Beautiful Place To Drown
I finally got a couple of minutes to type this up. First day back at work street 6 days off. Assigned to the engine. I'm actually okay with that for once, it gives me a chance to ease back into being at work. I do miss my ambulance, though. We just got finished figuring out that a compressor that controls the rear air suspension on our oldest ambulance is trashed. It's not that big a deal because the bosses are talking about getting Medic 3 and Medic 4 refurbished anyway. At least we tried.

It's a humid day for sure, not so much hot. It's only 87 right now. Irregardless, (@Cvargo) I'm glad I grabbed Ghost Lime. I definitely overloaded, but that's alright. I got a lovely lather that made the Vector even easier to use. Talk about autopilot! Zip, zap, BBS. I added a decent amount of WS23 to Arctic Lime and I feel that made it even better.

Daffy: So, what do you think? Could today end our mutual hatred?
Marvin: Highly unlikely, Dodgers. Whether at war or peace, I shall always loathe you!
Daffy: You shall always love me?! Eeeew!
Marvin: I said loathe, you idiot!
Daffy: Did not!
Marvin: Did too!
Daffy: You love a duck!
Marvin: I do not!

Union meeting later tonight. Maybe we'll catch a call and I won't have to endure that boredom. But I suppose it's a necessary evil. Time to go do stuff. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back