The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Super Speed
  • Blade: Bolzano Superinox (???)(I'm just going to keep jumbling the name together until I get it right without looking)
  • Brush: TDR Milkglass boar
  • Soap: B&M Reserve Cool
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Floid Blue splash, Monkey Butt
  • Frag: Acqua di Parma
  • Music: La Banda Gorda
What a productive day. We got the generator put back together, installed, and running again in 3 hours. It runs like a champ again, good as new. That was a huge moment for us. In the past that would've never been allowed. I need a shower, though.

In keeping with this month's theme I went with something with cool in the name. I absolutely love this scent, and I'm glad that I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a bottle of Floid Blue, although it's not the OG version. This razor and blade combination is really impressing me, and it might be a staple going into the future. I missed BBS by a large margin, but DFS works just the same for not getting me written up.

View attachment 29687

The party still hasn't stopped. We were listening to merengue throughout the reassembly.

The new guys are really starting to rub me the wrong way. I talked to my captain about my concerns. Although extremely minor in the grand scheme of things, they might need to be addressed before they get worse and people start throwing tantrums. I'm off to take a shower to get all this oil off my arms and legs. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.
Nice work on the generator! Also, that brush is awesome!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Wunderbar
  • Blade: GSB I think
  • Brush: HCS Klenzo
  • Soap: CBL Master Barber Steel Grey Fougere
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Stirling Gentleman balm
  • Frag: none
  • Music: *continues party music*
After finishing up with the generator, we ran a couple of calls. I ended up switching stations at 7. I was on the booster (brush truck) by myself to help the ambulance at that station should they need any. A couple of calls later somebody decided that damn near midnight was a great time to start burning branches and almost catch a house on fire in the process. The rest of the night was uneventful.

Back to the Wunderbar. To be honest, I wasn't really feeling it today, but I pressed on. I made sure to really use almost no pressure with this baby. I was rewarded. The combination of technique, questionable skill, and a great soap made a proper BBS shave possible. That was the most meh BBS in my life. I probably should've had a cup of coffee when I got home.

"If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search. … I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor." - Nikola Tesla

I'm having a hoot at work. We're mostly firing on all cylinders, with a couple of hiccups, but we chugging along. The paramedic intern we've had for the past few weeks passed her skills exam, so all that's left for her is finishing her internship, and the final big exam. It meant a lot that she said that she might have learned the most from me. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Nice shave ... I was in a funk yesterday morning, but I’m over it.

Great job with the intern!
I think work put me in the funk. I was thinking about what I was going to use today, and everything I usually love was meh. I figured a lightly scented soap would be the easiest to not get fussy about. Tomorrow will be better. Life is good!

Thanks. I like being the mentor that I always wish I had growing into my job. I always got, "that's just something you'll have to learn yourself."

Back