The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Okay...the scalpel stuff is interesting and all...but did anyone else catch that he didn't use an aftershave? :oops: The horror! :eek:

I didn't think about bringing an aftershave with me. All I have is PAA Cold Spices and it doesn't really pair with that soap.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Merkur 37C
  • Blade: GSB (2)
  • Brush: Mozingo Brushworks with Maggard 24mm 50/50 boar/badger knot
  • Soap: Soap Commander Devotion
  • Aftershave: Soap Commander Devotion
  • Music: Thank You Scientist - Terraformer

I'm home from my 48 and it feels good to be home with my babies, I missed these little terrorists. I have some CE stuff to finish up today so I can keep my job and I guess not break the law. Yesterday was entertaining for reasons that don't need to see the light of day, but let's just say that I didn't think that people would be so afraid to be told that they're wrong. Moving on. It was an easy two days and a cool 34 hours of OT pay coming on Friday, which will obviously be partially used to get more shave stuff.

Same metal stuff. I'm really impressed at how smooth the blade is and how long it stays that way. This combination is great for a comfortable shave, at least for me.

I was looking for some scrub for this shave, so I went with the 50/50 knot in the beautiful Mozingo handle. I really like how easy it was to break the boar part in, it's really just scrubby enough without the fear of scratching my face off.

After a long couple of days away from home I felt the need to have a relaxing scent and Devotion fits the bill. The amber really cuts down the lavender just enough to add a little sweet. Regardless, it's a very relaxing scent. And the balm has menthol which works out for the 0% heat I will experience by not leaving my apartment today.

What a spectacular and relaxing shave. The blade is still sharp and smooth, which is to be expected, but it's still a nice thing to have. Soap Commander has some dang slick and moisturizing for a vegan base. Yeah, I know vegan bases are just as good as tallow or other animal bases, but it's really impressive when it can compete with more premium products. The balm also did the trick. A very good shave with a wonderful post shave. I can't complain even if I wanted to.

IMG_20190617_084423.jpg

Thank You Scientist is one hell of a progressive band. Think of them as Coheed and Cambria without the story and replace the story with jazz. I don't remember how I came upon them, but I'm glad I did. I thrive on their chaos, time changes, key changes, everything. This is their latest release that I just remembered existed this morning, prompting the musical theme for today.

I had a special guest today. I decided to leave the door open because the babies are getting less and less rambunctious, and actually quite pleasant to have around. Matilda showed up for long enough to keep the Murphy's away, as @Majorrich would say, then jetted off to do whatever she decided to do. It might be time to allow myself to have a Safety Cat.

IMG_20190617_100846.jpg

Thanks for reading. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll be drinking a beer for all of you who hate working on Mondays.

Glad the 48 came off smoothly!

Thank You Scientist is one hell of a progressive band. Think of them as Coheed and Cambria without the story and replace the story with jazz.
That was a funny picture in my head that didn’t work...then I played the clip; too true! :ROFLMAO:

Second use it better be smooth still. I need to send you a couple of these Wizamets when they come in to try. Love the cat pic. Have a good day off. Well deserved.

Second use it better be smooth still. I need to send you a couple of these Wizamets when they come in to try. Love the cat pic. Have a good day off. Well deserved.
I seen you talking about those blades and it caught my interest. I'm not opposed to that at all. I'm always open to new blades, especially if they're as good as you say they are.
Matilda and Emma will be featured a little more often, so brace yourself

I seen you talking about those blades and it caught my interest. I'm not opposed to that at all. I'm always open to new blades, especially if they're as good as you say they are.
Matilda and Emma will be featured a little more often, so brace yourself
Send me mailing info in a pm and I'll send a couple when they get here from Morocco so may be a little 🙃

Some cats have a talent for warding off the Murphy’s. Actually I think they like the smell of the soap, or are waiting their turn to drink from the faucet. 🤪

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Merkur 37C
  • Blade: GSB (3)
  • Brush: Local Gent Shaving Co "I forgot what it's called because I didn't care when I bought it," Maggard 24mm 50/50 boar/badger
  • Soap: Noble Otter Barrbarr
  • Aftershave: Noble Otter Barrbarr
  • Music: Glass Cloud - The Royal Thousand
It's my Monday! Back on my regular shift for a regular tour. We start the shift with my captain said that I'm on the chopping block despite having to do more in my probationary year than anybody else. But whatever. It's going to be a great day.

Same metal stuff. Blade is still going strong, @Dave in KY. :p

I felt like using yesterday's knot, but felt like changing up the handle. Luckily I have the Local Gent with the same knot.

I'm not sure what my thought process was for grabbing this software. I was in a bit of a daze yesterday and this morning wasn't too much better. No ragrets, though.

I had a damn good shave until I got to my neck. I opened up a couple of ingrown hairs by my Adam's apple and they did not stop bleeding the entire duration of my shave. I blame that on not having a safety cat. Matilda and Emma were in the second bedroom sleeping.

PSX_20190618_082209.jpg

Glass Cloud has also give extinct. I listen to a lot of dead bands for some reason. The cool thing about this band was the music, not so much the lyrical content, with an emphasis very obviously put on the music. Heavy and technical guitars, and decent breakdowns. I always enjoy listening. This does have plenty of screaming, so I decided to leave it out of the beginning of the post to keep you sane.

I hope everybody has a great day and great shaves.

I need a CDL and to be a firefighter, which requires me to take a refresher course and pass the state exam. Not a big deal, but finding the time to do it is the issue.

Back