The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Good test run on the Wunderbar. Hope the full shave doesn’t disappoint! Hope you’re getting some R&R!
I'm expecting great things after tonight's shave.

Good work on the shaves! Can’t wait to see the shirt design.

... ew
Hold my beer!

All I can say is, don't piss Deb off if there's a leg of lamb sitting on the counter. 🤣

Nice read Ben! I'm anxious to read about a full shave with the Wunderbar...or maybe it could be video worthy?!?

Nice read Ben! I'm anxious to read about a full shave with the Wunderbar...or maybe it could be video worthy?!?
I wasn't really planning on it, but the thought did cross my mind. The crowd had spoken. Looks like I'm making a video tomorrow! Any particular software you've seen me use that isn't often talked about that you'd like to hear more about???

All Caught Up Ducky
Quack, quack.

I'm gonna go get that out before I forget and grab something not Hub City 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: RazoRock Wunderbar
  • Blade: GSB (1)
  • Brush: Paladin
  • Soap: Hub City RCITW
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Hub City RCITW
  • Frag: none
  • Music: the sound of me talking to my phone for your entertainment
I'm not sure what I'm doing today. I guess I could've mailed a couple of things off while I'm out being a haircut, but I didn't think about it, and frankly I'm not super up to more social interaction than the barbershop.

As requested by my guy Pat. I finally got a full shave in with the Wunderbar. What a lovely shave, with the exception of my neck, I'll need a little refinement with the part of my shave. You can definitely feel the blade, but it wasn't at all uncomfortable for me. YMMV. Admittedly I could've done a better job building the lather today, but I did good enough for the purpose. Maybe softer water would've added a bit of ease, but that's not really feasible because reasons, although I can get distilled water. Whatever. BBS FTW. Venessa approves.

"Its like leaving candy around me, its not gonna be alright I'm gonna (chomping teeth) chomp it up!"

I'll get to fancying the video up and upload it when I get home. I'll have to make an annotation or two because what I said makes sense to me, but in reality it doesn't make any sense at all. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: RazoRock Wunderbar
  • Blade: GSB (2)
  • Brush: HCS Merit 99-4
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Insurgency
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Pinaud Whiskey Woods
  • Frag: John Varvatos - Dark Rebel
  • Music: Andre - Once Upon A Time In Bakersfield
Just got back from the dreaded post office. I needed to send off a few things to various members and I was really dreading it because I don't like dealing with people and the dumb questions they may have. But every time I send something off, I find ways to make the process easier and faster. Today we learned to ease of printing shipping labels using a third-party system. Additionally, I learned how to navigate Office Depot's shipping supplies section. Pretty soon I won't be dreading anything at all when it comes to shipping things. Woo!

I decided that my CBL experiment was better suited for bath use and set it aside for shower use. I've had this sample of Insurgency for quite some time; I think it came with my ROS order. I don't know why I slept on this scent for so long. I am full on beak jamming this stuff. The Merit knot is finally breaking in, so lathering was easier than it was in the past. I got a great lather, that smelled incredible. A couple of battle wounds lather I was BBS. I was really concentrated on light pressure at the beginning, but I guess I lost the thought process because the alcohol really hit hard, harder than Pinaud usually does. Dark Rebel is exactly how @Smattayu described, " if Cognac and Cuban Cigars is a guy hanging out in a study wearing a smoking jacket, then Dark Rebel is a bad boy in a leather coat guzzling rum and smoking imported cigarettes," but without the burning cigarette smell that everybody hates.

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so."

Music for fun people.

The part time job finally called to offer me a spot in the department. I accepted. It's more experience, and a little bit of walking around money. The good thing is that it's in the same county that I work in already, and it's the same medical director. I'm sure those reasons made it an easier decision to hire me. I'm super excited. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Congratulations on the new position! I hope it brings the rewards you are looking for.

ROS sounds good! I’ll have to remember that for tomorrow!

Back