The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Mekur 37C
  • Blade: Bolzano (1)
  • Brush: Graydog
  • Soap: CBL Premium Barbershop
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Fine American balm
  • Frag: Penhaligon's Sartorial
  • Music: New Found Glory - Forever And Ever x Infinity
Work was work. I ended up holding over another 10 hours and put out a metaphorical fire in the process. I think we've had a rocky relationship with the city mechanics because we usually take them some really messed up stuff that can be avoided. But I told them what I though the problem was, and I turned out to be right, and it was a fairly easy fix of replacing the oil filter on the generator. Somehow I have more knowledge on the generator than they do because somehow I went to a class to learn how to fix them before they did. Whatever, I sent along some material that is going to help them when it comes to fixing our ambulances. Towards the end of the shift I shared some knowledge and wisdom with the new guy. He's a good kid, I think he's a wonderful fit in our department.

Yeah, yeah, I already used this combination within the last 7 days or something. It smells amazing, can you blame me?! This TGN High Mountain White badger knot is a little stiff right now, but aside from that, it performed wonderfully. Steve did an amazing job with the handle. I talked about the two slants that I have in the video. I came away DFS. I definitely prefer the X3 over the 37C because it's a bit more efficient. Topped everything off with Sartorial, which came in yesterday.

IMG_20200628_115024.jpg

More love songs! I'm learning this one as soon as I finish eating lunch.

The video is rendering. Today is yesterday's tomorrow, @NurseDave. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre.

A non-mechanic that knows more than the mechanics fixing the vehicles that save people lives? Yikes! 😓

What a valuable resource you are Ben!

I forgot the military name for it. But it's pretty much this except ours is still in woodland camouflage for whatever reason. It really belongs to PD, but they don't have anywhere practiced to store it or very many people who can drive it. It's definitely only used in flooding situations.
View attachment 28124
Is that a Unimog? I have a friend that deals in them here in Colorado. He sells them for $$$$$$$

Who are you and what have you done with our Mr. Duck? :ROFLMAO:
darkwing-duck-ducktales.png

A non-mechanic that knows more than the mechanics fixing the vehicles that save people lives? Yikes! 😓

What a valuable resource you are Ben!
In all fairness, they didn't know that class existed, otherwise they would've gone years ago. Now that it's on their radar, they'll be making arrangements to go.

Is that a Unimog? I have a friend that deals in them here in Colorado. He sells them for $$$$$$$
That is a surplus LMTV (light medium tactical vehicle). I think municipalities can get them on grants. Ours still has the price tag still on it....120k. YIKES.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: iKon X3 slant
  • Blade: Gillette Super Thin (3???)
  • Brush: Graydog
  • Soap: Declaration Grooming Sweet Lemon
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Declaration Grooming Sweet Lemon
  • Frag: none
  • Music: the sound of me looking through every drawer looking for my damn wallet only to find it in Venessa's car
Only a few hours left before I'm back at work. Dave was trying his hardest to CEC me, but you can not CEC a CECer! I'm resisting buying the discontinued YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I already bought a high priced item this week, so maybe I'll try to find something somewhat reasonably priced in a couple of pay periods.

I was awake earlier than I would've preferred. I can't say I needed to shave today, but I wanted to because reasons. I flip flopped on a couple of different soaps, but decided that it's summer and I need a summer scent. Sweet Lemon is definitely on the softer side of scents, not to say that it's weak, just....uhhhhh...softer? It's not on your face, not too sweet or gourmand. I'm not particularly fond of gourmand scents, one of the few exceptions is ROS, yum. Anyway. I centered the blade and went to work. I misspoke on the knot. It's a premium silvertip badger, not HMW badger. Oops. It's really breaking in nicely. The tips are super soft now. 3.5 passes and I was barely not BBS.

"Self-Realization, Mitch. In the immortal words of our beloved Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

Oh yeah, I got my second test done this morning. The shift group text was full of people complaining. Pain is quite a subjective thing, but it wasn't that bad for me. My allergies have been acting up all day, so that's about the worst of it. What a bunch of sissies. I think that's about it for tonight. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back