The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: iKon X3
  • Blade: Gillette Super Thin (???)
  • Brush: WWB Bioluminescent
  • Soap: SV Stella Alpina
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, SV Stella Alpina
  • Frag: none
  • Music: SIlverstein - I Am Alive in Everything I Touch
My last day off! I slept in and started watching Watchmen on the HBO trial that I didn't know I had. I guess I'll have to take my account off the TVs at work because I certainly didn't sign up. Not a lot going on today. I might take out my soaps and start separating what I want and don't really want, which of course is impossible. The purpose is to go hunting. There's a flying creature under my sink that needs to be eradicated before Venessa gets home and loses her mind like she did on Saturday night.

I actually recorded this shave. I was fully intent on posting it too, but I wasn't happy that my pronunciation of Saponificio Varesino was alllllll over the place. That video will not see the light of day unfortunately. I don't like it when people butcher my name, so I can't in good conscience butcher a Cadre vendor's name. What a dumb problem to have considering I speak some Spanish on some days and the words and pronunciations are generally similar. Anyway. To the shave! I probably overloaded the brush because lather was flinging everywhere, but I'm not afraid to use a little extra of a triple milled soap. The lather was beautiful, as expected, and provided all the slickness and cushion one could hope for. I did catch myself under my Adams apple and feared Fluffy's fate, but the bleeding eventually stopped. I did a little clean up pass because I wasn't super happy with the result of my atg pass, but I didn't over do it. I'm mostly BBS, good enough for me and I doubt Venessa will complain when I smell this good.

PSX_20200622_132520.jpg

Part of the playlist driving back. I hadn't listened to this album in a few months. An underrated Canadian post hardcore band.

I'm off to enjoy what's left of this mild thunderstorm before I get to work catching that flying demon in my bathroom. I'll also practice pronouncing Italian words while I'm doing that. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

A lot of folks in Texas have a problem with Ben do they? Throw in an Irish accent? Pronounce it Ben, but you know they mean been?
It's actually my last name that people get wrong. But my barber does pronounce Ben as "John" so there's that issue. :unsure:

My last name gets butchered all the time...even by people who’ve known us for years. It’s also Italian...coincidence? I think not! :ROFLMAO:

I have not heard this type of music since high school. A lot of memories I thought for sure were locked up or lost. Great post Ben and good luck on your hunt my friend!

My last name gets butchered all the time...even by people who’ve known us for years. It’s also Italian...coincidence? I think not! :ROFLMAO:
I thought about it for a second and I'd like to apologize for butchering your last name before I ever attempt to pronounce it. :ROFLMAO:

I have not heard this type of music since high school. A lot of memories I thought for sure were locked up or lost. Great post Ben and good luck on your hunt my friend!
I hope they're not all bad. Some of their older music takes me back to exact places and times of my youth. The hunt has been called off. Venessa doesn't like it when I use heavy artillery (Raid) because she's afraid the cats will inhale it out whatever insane things she thinks. It'll have to wait until Wednesday.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro, new
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: Reef Point Aviator
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Reef Point Aviator, Monkey Butt
  • Frag: Acqua di Parma Colonia
  • Music: Incubus - Morning View
It's...uhhhhhh...Tuesday for me? It's the second day of the tour and I'm not at all grumpy. I have a paramedic intern today and she's in charge. She's also familiar with my teaching style/fear inducing questions. But they only induce fear if they don't know what they're doing. I also caught the flying demon and freed it of it's right to terrorize my wife. I also got to count the soaps under my sink.

I hadn't used this set in a long time. I suspect that is because it's unobtaintium. It's a wonderful fresh, clean, leather scent. The performance won't wow you, but it's sufficient. The Vector did its thang without drama. I'm proper BBS today and smelling wonderful.

IMG_20200623_051654.jpg

I used to listen to Incubus a lot when I was in college. Then I think I started getting into hardcore and forgot about them for a while.

Station duties are done for the day. The Kama SR scales got a little loose so I brought it to work for a little fixing. Got the problem fixed in a couple of minutes. Much better. I'm also expecting a briefing on department changes concerning the huge rise in positive COVID results in the next couple of hours. I just work here. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back