The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

A lot of people are content doing the bare minimum, and just "riding backwards" all of their careers. I want more than that. I even started looking up what it would cost to start taking college classes again.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Blackland Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro (???)
  • Brush: Eric Sorrentino Gratitude #1
  • Soap: CBL Premium Ghost Dragon's Blood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Monkey Butt Powder
  • Frag: TF Tobacco Oud
  • Music: Born of Osiris - The Discovery
I'm awake and at work. First call of the day was a reported structure fire. False alarm. Today's mission is to get rid of these damn gnats in our station. They've been bothering us for weeks.

The cut looked healed enough for a full shave. I was right. 4 passes to get BBS. Ghost Dragon's Blood sure did the trick with the cooling. It's already 86° with plenty more time for it to get hotter. Money Butt application went better today. Tobacco Oud to finish. It doesn't get a lot better than this.

"Donkey, you have the right to remain silent, what you lack is the capacity."

Lots of screaming, but the breakdowns in the song above remind me of Resident Evil and it's awesome.

I got a couple of new soaps in yesterday that I picked up from the mailbox on the way out to work. They'll be going on the acquisition thread when I get a spare couple of minutes. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

New soaps you say?
New to me is Talbot Cole's Pond. And Tallow + Steel Morikami, exclusive to SFWS, which I obviously didn't attend. I have ways about things.

Nice shave!

I may have skimmed it before, but it clicked today. You put monkey butt on your face :eek:
What of it? Venessa hasn't made fun of me yet, so it can't be too bad. :ROFLMAO:

I'm guessing deep sea firefighter and paramedic, outer space firefighter and paramedic, and perhaps Mt Everest peak firefighter and paramedic. Just guessing, though...
tenor (1).gif

Hope the shift is going well!

Glad you’re getting along well with the Monkey Butt...
Funny that it picked up when you said that :cautious::ROFLMAO:🤪 and I had a chance to test the monkey butt too

Get over to Harbor freight and get one of those tennis racket bug zappers! They are super fun for gnats and skeeters! Now for super duper fun. The salt gun for whacking flies!!
That's a dangerous thing to do in a fire station :ROFLMAO:

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Blackland Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro (???)
  • Brush: WWB Blue Glow
  • Soap: A&E Frozen Mojitos
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Bootleggers Arctic Lime
  • Frag: none
  • Music: lots of merengue and bachata to drive Venessa crazy
I just got to my mom's house. The trip was a lot more dramatic than I would've liked, but all's well that ends well in suppose. Monkey Butt pulled through in it's first trial run. Car fire. No sweat running down my face into my eyes, exactly as desired. I did have a really depressing call, but I'll sleep well knowing that I did my part to get things moving in a positive direction.

I needed something absolutely refreshing, so why not grab a......shave....mojito? I got home around 11, so I guess it wouldn't have been too bad to have a real one, but I digest. Dang that was a refreshing shave in 3 passes for a DFS. Arctic Lime kept the cool freshness going well into my nap.

"Self-Realization, Mitch. In the immortal words of our beloved Socrates when he said, " I drank what?""

It's been a long day. I'm off to curl up with the cats. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back