The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
  • Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
  • Brush: C-MON
  • Soap: Dragonsbeard
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Dragonsbeard
  • Frag: TF Tobacco Oud
  • Music: none
Work went well. I got to do a couple of paramedic things to help out, but didn't have to do the paperwork. That's apparently the dream.

My cut is healing very nicely. I'll probably be able to do my usual routine again tomorrow. But today I decided to take it easy again. I had the Fat Boy set at 5 previously, but I turned it down to 4...I think. This blade continues to feel good. I might have to visit the bay to get a few tucks. This set was grabbed to help the healing process, but it doesn't hurt at all that it smells delicious. I did some beak jamming before I jumped in the shower.

"This is Jack Burton at the Pork-Chop Express and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin'. It's like I told my last wife. I says "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see." "Besides that, it's all in the reflexes." You just listen to the Pork-Chop Express and take his advice on a dark and stormy night. When some wild-eyed maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your head up against a barroom wall, he looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if you've paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker back in the eye and remember what Jack Burton always says. "Have you paid your dues, Jack?" "Yes, sir, the cheque is in the mail.""

I'm really thinking about putting in a request to do some more education. I want to line up at least two more certifications this year in addition to the hazmat stuff I finished earlier that still requires a couple of more things. I feel a little bored not being in some sort of class after doing so much schoolwork the past year and a half. I hope you're all doing well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I'm really thinking about putting in a request to do some more education. I want to line up at least two more certifications this year in addition to the hazmat stuff I finished earlier that still requires a couple of more things.
Your name tag isn't going to be able to hold all your initials!

@Somnos refers to that as "beak jamming." I do lots of beak jamming with No. 11, SV Tundra Arctica, CBL Cut Tobacco, and lots of other amazing products.
Its actually a song...take Free Fallin by TP&HB and replace just those words with Beak Jammin...see? FTFY...try getting that out of your head now!

Last edited:
That was my favorite situation in an ICU - some urgent matter that needs attention, but somebody else has to deal with the paperwork. All the important fun stuff, but none of the headache!
This is doing to sound strange, but I kinda like the documentation. I'd prefer it if I never had to do it again, but it challenges me a little.

Back