The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

We used to have maintenance come in and fix things when we were gone.
Yea, that was one of the weird parts of rental life. Who knows what some of those complex maintenance workers do when folks are gone!

I can tell ya.

We had a maintenance man replace a toilet plunger that we didn’t report. He also helped himself to food and changed the station on my stereo. Then we got a dog. Somehow management found out we had a dog ... hm.

You called it! Unfortunately maintenance and the electrician left a mess and broken glass behind. Dealing with Venessa in the morning will not be fun.
did you explain that wires don't actually run through windows?

Sorry this has been such a pain in the rear.

did you explain that wires don't actually run through windows?

Sorry this has been such a pain in the rear.
It happens. I'll have to talk Venessa down tomorrow. She'll be fine, but I'm just going to assume I'm getting the worst of the deal.

I'd be LIVID !
Venessa is for sure. And I had literally emailed the office a couple hours prior telling them that I trust them to do their job and they could enter as needed. They broke my trust and made me look like more of an ass than usual. But at least our apartment isn't currently on fire. They call me Mr. Brightside. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope you took pictures so that you could show the office. I'm sorry man that really sucks. I don't understand how some people think that is okay to do. I could understand an accident, but leaving it there and not telling you is just ridiculous.

I hope you took pictures so that you could show the office. I'm sorry man that really sucks. I don't understand how some people think that is okay to do. I could understand an accident, but leaving it there and not telling you is just ridiculous.
There are a few pictures that I received in the barrage of I told you so texts. I'll have to sit on it for a couple of days because I can be overly rude when I'm upset.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: "Habby" 4/8, Gillette Senator
  • Blade: Gillette Super Thin, new
  • Brush: Grizzly Bay Decadence (I finally remembered)
  • Soap: SV Tundra Arctica
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, SV Tundra Arctica
  • Frag: none
  • Music: With The Punches - Seams and Stitches
Work was work. There were a couple of frustrating moments, but I fought past them. Dealing with Venessa was a lot easier than I thought. I can only assume she slept it off. Everything turned out alright, the cats weren't hurt. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

I have mixed feelings about this shave, mostly because I drew blood work a straight for probably the second time ever, which is a very surprising fact. I got a little carless and my tired eyes didn't help, I put about an eighth of an inch gash in my left cheek. I knew instantly and waited for the blood. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. It is what it is. Man, I haven't said that in a while. I finished up with the Senator, being careful around my fresh cut. So yeah, the good part, SV. I adore this scent.

Obviously pretend the Habby is in the picture.
PSX_20200613_114301.jpg

I got through the last of my reports listening to WTP. Fast, pop punk to get me going.

The apartment is back to normal. I'm happy, but I wish it would've been less dramatic. Later I'm going to get Venessa's car inspected. I hope you're all having a great weekend. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Great shave Ben, even with the battle damage! It just adds to that rough n tumble fire/para persona!

Great shave Ben, even with the battle damage! It just adds to that rough n tumble fire/para persona!
I try to do as little tumbling as possible. There are often people recording us. :ROFLMAO:

Ben needs some kids to put “issues” into perspective ;)
If it were up to me, absolutely. Venessa referenced an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie if I'm in a rush.

Nice shave Ben! I'm glad the apartment is cleaned up.
Thanks, Pat.

Nice shave, in spite of the blood loss.
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, but me!

That which does not kill you Hermano....ahhh, does not kill you? All good Bro!
The only thing that might kill me is Venessa's rage if I keep throwing her throw pillows around. But why name them throw pillows if I can't throw them???

Back