The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

View attachment 26654
Welcome back to the present!
I love presents!

How's the longevity?

In good faith to you promising to fix said issue, Zazzle gives you:
ENDS TONIGHT
For the King of Your Pride
25% Off Sitewide
Customize a gift for the one always
by your side
I'll report back by the end of the night. The last time I wore it, it was hanging in there for more than a couple of hours. It's been about two hours today and it's still going strong. But for $8, you can't go wrong. This was definitely a pleasant surprise of a purchase.

Truth. But that's not my job. :ROFLMAO:

Nice shave and read Ben! Dragonsbeard is my favorite scent out of any soap and I am super stoked for when Frank releases it again in his base. I like Oleo's products, but I am just excited to have a favorite scent and soap base in one soap. Also I have just discovered Gillette Rubies and I must say they are pretty spectacular.
I'm glad you have two more days off and that the other paramedic is helping you out a lot. That definitely makes work easier.
Have a good one Ben!

Nice shave and read Ben! Dragonsbeard is my favorite scent out of any soap and I am super stoked for when Frank releases it again in his base. I like Oleo's products, but I am just excited to have a favorite scent and soap base in one soap. Also I have just discovered Gillette Rubies and I must say they are pretty spectacular.
I'm glad you have two more days off and that the other paramedic is helping you out a lot. That definitely makes work easier.
Have a good one Ben!
It's definitely a great, dynamic scent. I think I might 3017 it when the new base comes out. Rubies are great too.

My pics are low maintenance. Put stuff on the counter, click, done.
:ROFLMAO: easier is better too

filter goodness!!! very nice set up Hermano!
Gracias, hermano! Sometimes you filter motor oil, sometimes you filter coffee, and sometimes you filter pictures.

bentheduck 2024™
If I can't filter out, you don't need it!©

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Ball End Tech, Kama
  • Blade: Gillette Rubie
  • Brush: Merit
  • Soap: CBL Master Barber Green Valley Links......kinda
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original Lavender, Florida Water
  • Frag: Acqua di Parma Colonia
  • Music: the sound of maintenance not knocking on my door
I'm doing the same thing as yesterday, except a little more impatiently. Venessa emailed the office last night because if I did it, I'd do my trademark ruffling of feathers, which I feel would be counterproductive...at the moment. The gloves will stay on for at least the rest of the day.

So an explanation that I know you're all dying for. I think most of us know that the scent strength of the 2nd Anniversary CBL additions were almost absent. So naturally I did a science. I drowned this puck in Florida Water for more than a few hours, and stupidly I didn't keep track of how much I poured or how long it sat. Totally borrowed the concept from making custom Williams pucks. The end product! It had a light FW scent off the puck, noticable, but light. The dip in FW didn't effect how it lathered, which was something I thought might happen. What did happen was a complete removal of residual slickness. I can only assume that the concoction that is Florida Water stripped some of the oils that facilitated the residual slickness. Primary slickness was effected quite a bit too, but not nearly as much as residual. Maybe it'll work better with a DE because my cleanup pass went really smoothly. More science will be done in the near future. BBS with minimal irritation.

PSX_20200610_121119.jpg

I now have a cat sitting on my chest as I type this up. I suspect Emma craves attention, and I must oblige. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading my questionable science.

I was torn between a thumb up or a sad face.

Not the slickness man!
There was definitely enough primary slickness to make for a comfortable SR shave, but it wasn't as slick as it was before the experiment. I suspect that because DEs don't require super duper slickness it'll be much less noticable.

Back