The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: iKon X3
  • Blade: Feather (4???)
  • Brush: Local Gent Valkyrie
  • Soap: B&M Waves
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, B&M Waves, Monkey Butt powder
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Skankin' Pickle - Sing Along With Skankin' Pickle
I did something today that I hadn't done since I was 10. Biscotti with my coffee! Granted, it's mass produced biscotti, but it was a delicious addition. I might look into making my own one of these days.

I was thinking about it and *cringe* I might consider killing off some of my B&M soaps. They're kinda just sitting there not being used. I'd sell them, but I actually like most of them. But today I went with something Venessa loves. The lather almost died on me, but I obviously didn't load enough, it didn't help that I don't think I've ever used this brush with the Reserve base. The blade was quite harsh, but I fought through it. I settled for DFS. Allow me to fix that quizzical look on your face. No, I don't smell like monkey butt, it's actually Anti Monkey Butt powder, but I thought it would be funny to leave out Anti. Application needs a little refining, pouring it out into my brush was more miss than hit. But I can feel the difference, mostly because I forgot to get my upper lip, so it's super easy to compare. Oops?

PSX_20200611_123555.jpg

This song above is dedicated to my friend @dangerousdon. You're always raving about the ska stuff that I post, so here you go, Don! Something a little more upbeat. And apparently nobody knows what the lyrics mean and probably weren't supposed to make sense. That's just my guess.

I ordered some wool balls to try out in the dryer to hopefully remove the damn cat hair that has accumulated from Emma's frequent attention seeking attempts in the form of lying on my chest. Matilda is napping on top of the kitchen cabinets, like a good girl. Anyway. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

My wife bought wool balls for the dryer, but after a couple of uses I think they became cat toys, which they promptly lost. Last saw them several weeks ago. They worked OK, I guess.
I don't have any expectations at all. I heard the rubber things don't work at all, so a little bit more than nothing is all I ask. :ROFLMAO: I can absolutely see the cats getting ahold of one ball and going bananas until they lose it.

Sorry about the rough encounter with the co-worker, never pleasant when people can dish it out but can’t take it, so to speak. Anyway...

Throwback to 8th grade. This album is absolutely timeless and an awesome listen

throwback to senior year highschool / freshman year of college for me. That is a GREAT album, front to back. Once you get past Davy’s vocals (much like Geddy Lee of Rush), then it’s definitely one of the best “Rock” albums of the early 2000’s (and I use Rock loosely since genres are very subjective) 👍👍👍

Sorry about the rough encounter with the co-worker, never pleasant when people can dish it out but can’t take it, so to speak. Anyway...

throwback to senior year highschool / freshman year of college for me. That is a GREAT album, front to back. Once you get past Davy’s vocals (much like Geddy Lee of Rush), then it’s definitely one of the best “Rock” albums of the early 2000’s (and I use Rock loosely since genres are very subjective) 👍👍👍
It happens. The best I can do is make an awesome turd sandwich if things continue the course.

Davey Havok definitely has a unique voice. It's never bothered me much. Their earlier music is awesome, but I think the connection I have with this album and my youth makes it particularly special.

I ordered some wool balls to try out in the dryer to hopefully remove the damn cat hair that has accumulated from Emma's frequent attention seeking attempts in the form of lying on my chest.
Not heard about this method! May need to try it out. Our dogs have wiry hair that impales everything!

Not heard about this method! May need to try it out. Our dogs have wiry hair that impales everything!
I finished up a load a couple of hours ago. No obvious difference, but also there aren't any instructions. Could've been that I needed to put all of the balls in there, I just use two.

Music: Skankin' Pickle - Sing Along With Skankin' Pickle
This song above is dedicated to my friend @dangerousdon. You're always raving about the ska stuff that I post, so here you go, Don! Something a little more upbeat. And apparently nobody knows what the lyrics mean and probably weren't supposed to make sense. That's just my guess.
This song definitely puts you in a good mood! I think today's music selection at work will be a healthy mix of Ska, Punk, American Punk, Rock Steady...and others in this general area of music!

I like this one though. It's a quick jolt to the system and really lifts the spirits. And yes...I have no idea what they are singing. But it's some good stuff! Thanks Ben!

This song definitely puts you in a good mood! I think today's music selection at work will be a healthy mix of Ska, Punk, American Punk, Rock Steady...and others in this general area of music!

I like this one though. It's a quick jolt to the system and really lifts the spirits. And yes...I have no idea what they are singing. But it's some good stuff! Thanks Ben!
Outstanding!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather (???)
  • Brush: Local Gent Valkyrie
  • Soap: B&M Waves
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, B&M Waves, Monkey Butt powder
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
My Monday has arrived! Maintenance finally dropped by yesterday. After a couple of hours of trying to figure out what is going on, they determined that they need an electrician. I could've told them that, but I understand that they have to find every way to not have to outsource that very expensive work. I suspect that there's a broken line in the wall, that's the only explanation. Mid-paragraph I heard some crap that pissed me off. I'm just gonna move on with my day and forget about it.

Pretty much the same gear as yesterday. It was out already, just needed to grab the Vector. Smooth sailing, but a little rushed. At one point I was BBS. Monkey Butt might be put to the test today.

Reference yesterday's picture but pretend there a Vector instead of a whatever I used yesterday.

More music from my youth. No screaming, @NurseDave. And it actually might be pleasant to some.

We're getting surprise electricity repair today, kind of against our wishes. But whatever, I'll just be happy that I can watch TV with Matilda and Emma the way we used to. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back