The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I have an X3 as well it is pretty smooth for a slant, but I too struggle with it a bit (and slants in general). They’re a novelty for me, but I don’t reach for them often enough.

I have an X3 as well it is pretty smooth for a slant, but I too struggle with it a bit (and slants in general). They’re a novelty for me, but I don’t reach for them often enough.
I'm with you on that. They're definitely a novelty, but if I can ever get one to work for me like I keep hearing they work, it would be magical.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Professional Super (???)
  • Brush: TDR Aquamarine
  • Soap: Stirling Gentleman
  • Aftershave: Alum, Thayer's Original, Stirling Gentleman balm
  • Frag: V&R Spicebomb
  • Music: Poison The Well - You Come Before You
I came to work assigned to the ambulance. I am now assigned to the engine. Yup, I'm driving a fire truck again. Some policy changes have facilitated me being on the engine, which I don't feel super happy about, but I understand the idea behind it. As soon as our fourth paramedic comes back, I'll be assigned to the engine pretty much permanently unless the ambulance paramedic is off.

After yesterday's not super great shave, I grabbed for the tried and true. This was a much better shave. I'm BBS with little effort, although the super blades are starting to be a bit much for my skin. Good thing I bought 40 Professional regulars last night. Stirling Gentleman is amazing as always. Spicebomb to add the BOOM that Dave seeks.

IMG_20200603_052817.jpg

A little OG post hardcore.

I just finished fixing my partners iPhone. Somehow people are finding out that I'm good with technology. Maybe talking about it on the internet isn't helping things. I'm terrible with technology. Maybe that's enough of a deterrent. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

PS Drink some water

Well if you don’t want to drive the truck, sneak it out and let me take it for a spin.

I’ll have to order me a sample of the Stirling Gentleman to check out.

Well if you don’t want to drive the truck, sneak it out and let me take it for a spin.

I’ll have to order me a sample of the Stirling Gentleman to check out.
If I could, I would. :ROFLMAO:

You're welcome to the rest of my tin if you like. It's got about maybe 2 samples worth left. Or I could make you up a smaller sample.

So you get to drive a fire truck. and NOT happy about it. You clearly are NOT a 6 year old boy. When my son's class walked to the firestation around the block from his school. He first asked if he could drive the truck! They told him no but he did to turn on the siren and honk the horn. HE STILL talks about it, and that was back in September.

So you get to drive a fire truck. and NOT happy about it. You clearly are NOT a 6 year old boy. When my son's class walked to the firestation around the block from his school. He first asked if he could drive the truck! They told him no but he did to turn on the siren and honk the horn. HE STILL talks about it, and that was back in September.
My deal is that I paid a lot of money and jumped through a lot of hoops to become a paramedic. I'm gonna make that investment worth it, and on the ambulance is where that's going to happen.

BUT I am willing to admit that driving the engine is pretty cool. :cool:

Sad isn't it? I'm still waiting for my firefighter's badge just to wear in my videos!
It's never too late to go to fire school, Dave. ;)🤪

I really like Stirling Stirling Gentleman. I had a sample of it, but my little brother was starting to get into wet shaving so I sent it to him. Stuff smells amazing.

I really like Stirling Stirling Gentleman. I had a sample of it, but my little brother was starting to get into wet shaving so I sent it to him. Stuff smells amazing.
It was one of my first samples and I knew it was going to be a buy instantly. Rod crafted a masterpiece.

• Razor: iKon X3
  • Blade: the last one that was in there
  • Brush: TDR the one with bits of gold or whatever
  • Soap: SV Tundra Arctica
  • Aftershave: Alum, Thayer's Original, SV Tundra Arctica
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Cruel Hand - The Negatives
My shift was fairly uneventful. I got home in time to hang out with Venessa as she got ready for work. But I woke up to break a wall of electrical outlets. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I'll be calling maintenance in a bit once I make the joint a little more presentable. Hopefully it's nothing major. At least I don't smell anything burning.

Geez, this stuff is incredible. A little blooming goes a long way. PLUS the X3 seems to be working now that the blade is aligned. Software and hardware combined, this was one hell of a shave. More on the X3. It's a lot easier to find the blade angle with the alignment issue taken care of, and it's plenty smooth and comfortable...just as my Northern Hermano @Somnos suggested. Tundra Arctica is the more "cologney" of the two that I got in today and I just felt like smelling exceptional. Scent strength off the tub is fairly strong; actually I could smell it before I even opened the package, with the scent strength remaining pretty much all of my shave. Everything that @BarberDave said is true, but as always, YMMV.

IMG_20200604_134818.jpg

I found this band when I was working on the music site and I'm just now getting around to listening to this album. Big power and energy. I'm sorry I slept on such a good band. The breakdown at the end of the song is killer.

I just put in the work order. It turns out that there's a bit more going on with the electricity. I think I'm actually down 5 outlets and 2 sets of lights, which is weird because nothing tripped and I don't think they're on the same circuit? The surge protectors in the kitchen didn't trip either. I'm a little curious as to what could be the problem. I'll let a professional handle it and hopefully it's nothing major. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Great setup!

Maybe the maintenance guy will need wall access and you can break out the axe. You have one in your “go bag” right? Or did you leave it in the other truck?

Great setup!

Maybe the maintenance guy will need wall access and you can break out the axe. You have one in your “go bag” right? Or did you leave it in the other truck?
It's on the other truck, but I know a couple of people nearby that probably wouldn't mind if I borrowed a couple of things. On the other hand, they might be upset that I'm taking away the need for them to break things.

• Razor: iKon X3
  • Blade: the last one that was in there
  • Brush: TDR the one with bits of gold or whatever
  • Soap: SV Tundra Arctica
  • Aftershave: Alum, Thayer's Original, SV Tundra Arctica
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Cruel Hand - The Negatives
My shift was fairly uneventful. I got home in time to hang out with Venessa as she got ready for work. But I woke up to break a wall of electrical outlets. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I'll be calling maintenance in a bit once I make the joint a little more presentable. Hopefully it's nothing major. At least I don't smell anything burning.

Geez, this stuff is incredible. A little blooming goes a long way. PLUS the X3 seems to be working now that the blade is aligned. Software and hardware combined, this was one hell of a shave. More on the X3. It's a lot easier to find the blade angle with the alignment issue taken care of, and it's plenty smooth and comfortable...just as my Northern Hermano @Somnos suggested. Tundra Arctica is the more "cologney" of the two that I got in today and I just felt like smelling exceptional. Scent strength off the tub is fairly strong; actually I could smell it before I even opened the package, with the scent strength remaining pretty much all of my shave. Everything that @BarberDave said is true, but as always, YMMV.

View attachment 26009

I found this band when I was working on the music site and I'm just now getting around to listening to this album. Big power and energy. I'm sorry I slept on such a good band. The breakdown at the end of the song is killer.

I just put in the work order. It turns out that there's a bit more going on with the electricity. I think I'm actually down 5 outlets and 2 sets of lights, which is weird because nothing tripped and I don't think they're on the same circuit? The surge protectors in the kitchen didn't trip either. I'm a little curious as to what could be the problem. I'll let a professional handle it and hopefully it's nothing major. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.
E697C3E0-12B3-4F1C-A2CE-318E75A7E1FD.jpeg
Boom! I am happy Hermano! Hope you enjoy it from here on in @bentheduck. Stay safe!

Last edited:
Back