The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: iKon 3X Slant
  • Blade: Permasharp Stainless (???)
  • Brush: Bioluminescence
  • Soap: Stirling Kaboom
  • Aftershave: Alum, Thayer's Original, Stirling Kaboom splash, Stirling Gentleman balm
  • Frag: V&R Spicebomb
  • Music: Neck Deep - Life's Not Out To Get You
We took it upon ourselves to get the superficial piece of our truck from the city shop so we could install it ourselves. Turns out that part was broken too, so we took it to get fixed at a local shop. The part is ready. Later I'll be fixing my partners iPhone. Over time the charging port got more and more dislodged and dirty, so we'll be fixing that.

I had high hopes for this razor. Again, I was let down. The angle is super hard to find. The blade doesn't always center, so it's hit or miss getting enough blade exposure on both sides. I guess it looks cool? I'm gonna keep messing with it for about a week before I give up on it. Maybe I'm just not meant to use slants. I'm almost BBS, but it wasn't a super fun experience. The balm was to help soothe my skin which was irritated.

PSX_20200602_120856.jpg

Life's really not out to get you. Find a way to make it through the hard times.

The part has been picked up and I'm personally pleased with the fabrication. I wasn't expecting much considering I told them I didn't care what it looked like as long as it functioned as originally designed. We're going to take some time tomorrow to install it, and the truck will be as good as new...ish...if you ignore the damage to the side of the box. :ROFLMAO: I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Yay about the part. Boo about the razor. I've been experimenting with slants lately and almost bought an X3. My German 37 and Krect are good. Hunting other good ones. Stay safe and hydrated.

Yay about the part. Boo about the razor. I've been experimenting with slants lately and almost bought an X3. My German 37 and Krect are good. Hunting other good ones. Stay safe and hydrated.
I'd be more than happy to send it up for you to try if you're at all interested. I prefer my straights over my two slants, which is why I've been picking them up a lot more often.

I have an X3 slant hermano and it takes a bit of fiddling but it does shave quite well.I actually use a toothpick to even out the blade exposure...yeah iKon! I also have a 37C and 39C and slants aren't for everyone. I got on with the angle quite early and haven't had a problem.

I'd be more than happy to send it up for you to try if you're at all interested. I prefer my straights over my two slants, which is why I've been picking them up a lot more often.
I do appreciate the offer Ben, but if alignment can be an issue I'll stick with ones that work. Helps me narrow the field down though. Thanks again. Hope the day goes well for you.

I have an X3 slant hermano and it takes a bit of fiddling but it does shave quite well.I actually use a toothpick to even out the blade exposure...yeah iKon! I also have a 37C and 39C and slants aren't for everyone. I got on with the angle quite early and haven't had a problem.
Noted. I think you're where I got the inspiration now that I think about it. I'll keep at it and try aligning with a toothpick. Thanks, Northern Hermano.

I do appreciate the offer Ben, but if alignment can be an issue I'll stick with ones that work. Helps me narrow the field down though. Thanks again. Hope the day goes well for you.
I feel you on that. Same to you, Dave. Guzzle down some water when you see fit.

Noted. I think you're where I got the inspiration now that I think about it. I'll keep at it and try aligning with a toothpick. Thanks, Northern Hermano.

Just right before you cinch it up tight. Ruds talks about the same thing on his channel. Hopefully I inspire you to better things! 😂

Back