The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

“Nice razor man!”.... :unsure: “What are those scales made out of?”

“Camel bone!”:D

“...” 😐

Just kidding. I’m sure they’ll turn out great. :ROFLMAO:

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Push button GEM
  • Blade: A sharp one probably
  • Brush: WWB Argh
  • Soap: WSP Blackbeard
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, WSP Blackbeard
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Stray From The Path - Subliminal Criminals
That's one way to start the day. It's bad when I point out how bad it smells, and that was awful. But it's part of my job sometimes. This is the last shift before things go back to normal. Normal means that we're going 4 paramedics on my shift, which is insane considering this time last year we only had one paramedic per shift. I'm really looking forward to being fully staffed. Additionally, our stations can operate a little more autonomously.

I had one hell of a shave. The GEM hadn't seen the light of day in a couple of weeks, so I pulled it out with a second use sharp blade. I don't remember what I put in there and I didn't think to check. I applied some white Proraso pre-shave to protect me against the irritation that this soap brings. The menthol hit from the pre-shave was nice. I got a great lather, with minimal irritation. I was feeling good about it so I chased a little bit, and got mostly BBS in the places it's possible. The splash burned like hell, though. Ouch.

PSX_20200528_102344.jpg

SFTP just seemed right for today.

I'm feeling great today. I'm in a phenomenal mood and I feel super refreshed. I got some awesome sleep. We'll all be helping the bestie move to her new apartment over our five day break. I think that's about it for today. I hope you're all well. @GearNoir drink you some water! @MilkCrate try to avoid the water coming from the sky, but still drink some! Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I had to crinkle my nose at that entry. Oh baby! Ain't nothing smell like some people can...

Nice read Ben! I'm glad that y'all will be fully staffed and hopefully that brings a little relief to your days!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Fat Boy
  • Blade: Permasharp Stainless
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: Pannacrema Nuavia Rossa
  • Aftershave: none
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Counterparts - The Difference Between Hell and Home
My shift only got worse. A patient's family member put me in a tight spot and I'm not happy about it at all. I understand the reason, but now I'm gonna have to answer to my bosses. I really hope this recent string of crap shifts ends soon. The only acceptable option is to bear through these ridiculously tough lessons and learn from them.

The mood has been spoiled by reasons. I purposefully left out the post shave care to test out the PSF. I'm a big fan so far. The scent is pleasant, but I suspect that my olfactory senses got stretched a little thin yesterday. I'm hoping that it really opens up once my nose has had a chance to reset.

I clearly switched up the razor.
IMG_20200529_115428.jpg

Screaming music.

On the bright side, I got to run a call with my paramedic instructor turned co-worker. It was reassuring having him there watch me do my thing, rebounding without batting an eye. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

That's a different view of that brush than I've seen before. Never knew it had so many crazy colours. Hope you get a chill day soon!

No he's not!! He's hanging by a thread and has no Hot Pockets.....
I ultimately got my hot pocket! The convection oven wasn't bothered by a little extra electricity.

Sorry about work Ben. Hope it gets better soon. On the bright side your tub of Nuavia Rossa came in!
A day early, too! Now I'm a little curious about how good SV.

I’ve been able to hold off buying some Nuavia for quite a while... now when my barber shop opens up I’ll be lucky to get out of there with just one flavor of it.
I was skeptical of the Nuavia sorcery, but I'm a believer now. My face feels amazing.

Back