The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Super Speed
  • Blade: A sharp one probably
  • Brush: APSC x Leo Frilot
  • Soap: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Deep Blue Sea
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Joyner Lucas - ADHD
I wasn't going to shave or post today, but it's probably better that I do so I don't isolate myself. Yesterday was not a good day. I had to do paramedic stuff and the ending wasn't really fun. It was a learning experience for better or worse.

A quick one pass shave after a shower to feel a bit refreshed. This is an attempt to reset my brain after yesterday. I was originally going to use Kaboom, but I thought it would be better to mix it up with something buried under the sink. This is inspired by Bleu de Chanel. I don't know what the original smells like, but I'm loving this version, and so is Venessa. *sigh* Bleu de Chanel is going on the list.

IMG_20200525_193450.jpg
A quick SOTD pic for @Dave in KY. Pardon the scummy razor, it's going to be cleaning and honing day tomorrow.

More Joyner.

A few years ago I found myself remembering a positive role model from my childhood. Mark Zapata. If I remember correctly Mark was a substitute teacher, he was also a firefighter and an EMT. It was fairly common for him to come around wearing his firefighter uniform and say hi during lunch. We all loved seeing him and the awesome fire trucks and firefighters that always accompanied him. I think he also worked with my dad, but I can't recall for certain. It was during the first couple of weeks into my freshman year of high school that he passed while serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom. There's a memorial for him in the fire museum in my hometown. It's easy to forget how important kindness and bravery is in all the fuss these days, but today I find myself remembering Mark and how easy he made those two things look.

Sorry you had a rough shift. You did your best.

Great remembrances for the day!
All I can do is try. Some things are just out of my hands.

Yup my wallet is a little lighter after today too.

Nice read and nice set up Ben! Sorry about the rough stuff at work.
You sure got some high quality stuff, though. Every time somebody talks about Nuavia Rossa I get an itch to buy a tub. Must. Fight. It. More. Now. Maybe next week.

All I can do is try. Some things are just out of my hands.

You sure got some high quality stuff, though. Every time somebody talks about Nuavia Rossa I get an itch to buy a tub. Must. Fight. It. More. Now. Maybe next week.

Watch Dave's Titan Soap Showdown.

giphy.gif

Sorry about the shift Ben but that was yesterday. Great read, especially the follow up to the journal post. Thanks for the pic, you may have reset my pic brain now 😂

Back