The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Nice read Ben! I've always heard good things about Mike's soaps. I am also interested in the HUB soaps. I was looking at their lineup last night and I might pull the trigger on the Egyptian one. Hope you have a good Saturday and stay safe in the storms!
I'm intrigued by that one too, but it sounds a little too out there for me. If you do pick it up, let me know what you think about it. That's really the only other one that interested me. I highly recommend Red Cabin if you're even remotely thinking about it.

I'm intrigued by that one too, but it sounds a little too out there for me. If you do pick it up, let me know what you think about it. That's really the only other one that interested me. I highly recommend Red Cabin if you're even remotely thinking about it.

Will do Ben! I am also needing Maggard's to restock on Lone Star from Noble Otter. I love the smell of that soap too.

Going back the shave before...Dude I did that song by the Mad Caddies! Super fun...and I dig that ska/jazz/swing/big band influence! I might have to check more of them out. A way back...or maybe I should say WAAAAY back...I was listening to all sorts of ska, third wave, and related types of music. Then I got a little into rock steady. Just really great stuff. Not sure why I moved from it...need to get back to listening to that kind of stuff.

I think it is a good call on the house. Right now is definitely a buyer's market, especially for non-new houses. I think you have a good plan. Make sure the house is move in ready no matter what so you are not overwhelmed by trying to hurry up and fix stuff before you move in.

Good shave stuff...the Sorrentino is a really nice brush!

We are going to get those storms in an hour or two. Get some sleep today and stay rested for the craziness!
They're a third wave ska band. I recommend all their music. Rock the Plank is one of my favorites of theirs.

Stay dry. These storms have been pretty gnarly for us, with plenty of flooding.

Great shave Ben! We had storms blow through late yesterday and more today.

View attachment 24208
Everything stay put and above water?

That's the key, IMO. Getting a house where there is stuff you want to fix up is a lot better than getting a house with stuff you need to fix up.
That's an important distinction to make. That's a point that's getting locked up in my head for when we're actually hunting. Thanks, Bruce!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: Wizamet (3)
  • Brush: TDR something something with a 26mm high mountain badger
  • Soap: Soap Commander Devotion
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Soap Commander Devotion balm
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue
That was a pretty easy shift in the grand scheme. One of my patients stopped by to drop off some barbeque, which was absolutely delicious and very much appreciated. I can't say what his emergency was, but it required some emergency interventions. Unfortunately I was napping and nobody thought to wake up me up when he dropped the food off.

I needed a relaxing shave. I didn't sleep well and my grumpiness was exacerbated by stupidity. Devotion is my go-to for this task because Summer Break isn't going to make Brain Break again. There's just something about the scent notes that just gets me. A 3.5 pass shave later and I'm DFS. One thing I noticed was that my skin felt raw as hell going atg under my chin. That's a weird thing to experience as it's never happened before, but I don't think I've ever done that two days in a row? I dunno. The balm should sort me out.

Sorry, Dave.

I was big mad this morning so, yeah, screaming.

My partner seemingly refused to answer the phone this morning because, "I was lazy." That's a pretty crappy reason to not answer the damn phone, I don't care what time it is. It was a local hospital calling to tell us that there jam packed with trauma patients, that's some pretty damn important information to have in a timely manner, to hell with laziness. Of course the paramedic that relieved me had something to say about it. She's seemingly refusing to even consider going to that hospital altogether because "there's traffic and construction." But Galveston has traffic and construction too. Whatever. I'm going to bed, I should be over it when I wake up. I hope you're set for a beautiful Sunday. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: Wizamet (3)
  • Brush: TDR something something with a 26mm high mountain badger
  • Soap: Soap Commander Devotion
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Soap Commander Devotion balm
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue
That was a pretty easy shift in the grand scheme. One of my patients stopped by to drop off some barbeque, which was absolutely delicious and very much appreciated. I can't say what his emergency was, but it required some emergency interventions. Unfortunately I was napping and nobody thought to wake up me up when he dropped the food off.

I needed a relaxing shave. I didn't sleep well and my grumpiness was exacerbated by stupidity. Devotion is my go-to for this task because Summer Break isn't going to make Brain Break again. There's just something about the scent notes that just gets me. A 3.5 pass shave later and I'm DFS. One thing I noticed was that my skin felt raw as hell going atg under my chin. That's a weird thing to experience as it's never happened before, but I don't think I've ever done that two days in a row? I dunno. The balm should sort me out.

Sorry, Dave.

I was big mad this morning so, yeah, screaming.

My partner seemingly refused to answer the phone this morning because, "I was lazy." That's a pretty crappy reason to not answer the damn phone, I don't care what time it is. It was a local hospital calling to tell us that there jam packed with trauma patients, that's some pretty damn important information to have in a timely manner, to hell with laziness. Of course the paramedic that relieved me had something to say about it. She's seemingly refusing to even consider going to that hospital altogether because "there's traffic and construction." But Galveston has traffic and construction too. Whatever. I'm going to bed, I should be over it when I wake up. I hope you're set for a beautiful Sunday. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre.
Sorry you had to deal with that. Hang in there!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’m just happy to learn I can refuse to go to my hospital when there’s traffic! Always learning something.

Unfortunately I was napping and nobody thought to wake up me up when he dropped the food off.
Pfft. Imaging how I’m feeling just finding this out myself. Why didn’t you wake me up after waking up to find that nobody had woken you up to tell you that someone had dropped you off BBQ while you were taking a nap?
39C7B6B0-86A3-44D3-B1BE-BB7A0B1E659B.gif

Back