The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I finally got my Dovo Forestal honed up. It took HOURS to get this thing straight enough to get an evenish edge. The spine was wicked uneven straight from the factory. It's not perfect but it cuts hair easily. Venessa will be happy that I'm finally using my birthday gift. I can't wait to try it out on Sunday.

IMG_20200507_192902.jpg

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Dovo Forestal, Vector
  • Blade: Feather Professional Super, new
  • Brush: Sorrentino Gratitude 1
  • Soap: DG/CL 4th & Pine
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, DG/CL 4th & Pine
  • Frag: Acqua di Parma Colonia
  • Music: Joyner Lucas - ADHD
It's Monday/Friday/Friday! Shift change was the same. I showed up early to undo the crap they usually leave me. It was better today, but things were still in disarray. I fixed everything. We're done with the station duties for the day too. Now we're just running calls and maybe doing some training.

A little science experiment kinda not really. I shaved my right cheek with the Forestal before bed to see how comfortable it was. It wasn't the best I've used, but definitely not the worst. That experiment led to me finishing the job with a WTG pass. Like I said, not the worst. I finished up with the Vector and ended up DFS+. I doused myself in Colonia. Damn, I smell good.

IMG_20200508_051843.jpg

I can't stop listening to this album. NSFW at allllll, though.

It's ridiculous how much easier being at work is when I don't have a class over my head. I came to work motivated to actively clean up the station. Oh yeah, I officially passed my Hazmat class. The final exam was ridiculously difficult, not paramedic difficult, but still very difficult. Venessa made cheese enchiladas last night; the sauce was completely unavailable for more than a month, which is unacceptable. I'm looking forward to spending dedicated quality time with her because the past few months have been stressful. I think that's about it for today. I hope everybody is well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back