The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I finished at 1, but I really doubt my instructor is awake right now looking at who turned stuff in late. I guarantee I'm not the only procrastinator, though.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: GEM push button
  • Blade: I don't remember
  • Brush: Leo Frilot x APSC
  • Soap: Captain's Choice Lime cream sample
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Captain's Choice Bay Rum balm sample
  • Frag: Aqcua di Parma Colonia
  • Music: Joyner Lucas ADHD
I feel like a lot has happened since my last entry. Of course being swamped with hazmat stuff didn't exactly allow time to express thoughts. So my last patient on my last shift was awesome, except he actually needed me. He's a Vietnam veteran. The thing that stood out most is that he was very open about his trauma. He told me, "I didn't like talking about it at first, but since I've gotten older, it's starting to make me feel better." I think that's the bravest thing I've ever heard. I can't even think about my traumas without tearing up, and he's just so open and free. I hope I can get there someday.

I don't know what I was expecting from this cream, but I don't like it. The scent is nice, a kind of dirty lime. But yeah, I've never been a huge fan of creams and this really drove the point home. It did the trick. The highlight of the day is the Acqua di Parma. This smells incredible, and I now understand why it has stood the test of time.

Sorry, Dave. The picture wasn't eaten, but it also doesn't exist.

I've been having Joyner Lucas for the past couple of days. Vulgarity aside, it's good music.

My partner has been regressing a lot over the past couple of months. Apparently he's so afraid of messing up that he ends up messing up. I told him to just do his job. Easier said than done. But I'll go back to doing everything myself if I have to. Hopefully it doesn't come to that because he wants to learn and I want to teach. I think that's about it. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre

What happened? I thought the trouble partner was gone?
That one is gone. This one is the good one, but he asks what he should do for the simplest things. I have to tell him that I need vital signs for every patient, like it's something super crazy new. It's frustrating. He was doing fine at first, but I don't know what happened.

Maybe feeling stressed and overworked? Or a recent negative event really got into his head?

Stay strong Ben! You’ll be old and reflective soon enough;)

Good to hear from you Ben. Maybe your partner simply needs to observe you in action. You can review after each case. That might take the pressure off.

Nice read Ben, and I can relate, we see things we should not, or should not have seen

Maybe feeling stressed and overworked? Or a recent negative event really got into his head?

Stay strong Ben! You’ll be old and reflective soon enough;)
He did better on the last call. I think he forgot to get nervous. Lol. But I praised him for his good work.

Good to hear from you Ben. Maybe your partner simply needs to observe you in action. You can review after each case. That might take the pressure off.
I try to go over every call with him. I'm really big on learning as much as I can from every call. He'll get it.

Nice read Ben, and I can relate, we see things we should not, or should not have seen
I hope we can find peace in a healthy way. I'm finding myself to be in dire need of a mental health day, but unfortunately it'll have to wait until this mess is over.

Perhaps his nerves and looking for confirmation on stuff is based on the last guy's departure. If so, maybe all he needs is a coffee chat about why the other guy is gone to let him know that simply doing your job and following the "Don't be a dick" rule is all that's asked.

Perhaps his nerves and looking for confirmation on stuff is based on the last guy's departure. If so, maybe all he needs is a coffee chat about why the other guy is gone to let him know that simply doing your job and following the "Don't be a dick" rule is all that's asked.
No, he knows how I feel about the other guy, and this one is way better on his worst day. He just needs to remember the first thing I told him. "If you're gonna mess up, mess up confidently." But you know, in other words. He'll get over it. It'll also help when I'm not super grumpy, I need to work on that too. It's definitely a two way street.

Back