The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

It took 2 years to finally get paramedics to co-sign the narcs check in the morning. I'll have a talk with tomorrow's paramedic about what she thinks. Her husband coincidentally relieves her, so if 3/4 can get the ball rolling we might be able to get things on track.

I don't think it tarnishes it at all
Neither do I. Been a basketball fan since the 60s, a Celtics fan per geographical location, and MJ is the best basketball flavor I've ever seen (watched on TV only). Remember the playoff game against the Celts in which he scored 64 points, but the Bulls lost (1984)? The Boston game plan was to smother the other four players with coverage and let MJ just get his points. They figured, WTHeck, he was going to get them anyway!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless
  • Brush: Eric Sorrentino Gratitude
  • Soap: Zingari Man The Essentials
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Zingari Man The Essentials
  • Frag: none
  • Music: I The Mighty - Karma Never Sleeps
Bonjour, mes amis! I think I spelled the correctly. Monday/Friday again. I got a damn decent night's sleep. I did something relatively significant on my three days off, but it couldn't have been too important because I don't remember what I did other than a few exams. I have 6 left, along with some skills I have to do online, all due on Monday. I can do it, but it'll be annoying and possibly a complete waste of time. We actually don't know if the class will the continue because everything is up in the air. If we can't meet in person it won't happen. Honestly it should've been scrapped the instant the quarantine went into effect, but I just work here. Today is also the last day for the stupid partner I was always complaining about. He decided that he'd rather show up late than continue working here. Good for him.

The stop in my sink broke so that was an inconvenience. The Essentials is a unique scent in my den. It's a fresh green, slightly bitter citrus scent. I hardly get any tobacco. But I really like it a lot. This is exactly what I wanted for the spring because of how fresh and green it is. The lather was on point, but I think I could've gotten it a little better if my sink were functional. What a lovely shave. This is a winner.

IMG_20200430_052912.jpg

I hadn't listened to I The Mighty in a while and I'm not sure why. They're great.

I feel like once I get this hazmat stuff taken care of I'll be home free until the next class gets dropped on me. I just need to get this weekend out of the way. I can deal with whatever happens, but I need some sort of direction. I think that's just about it for my complaining today. Haha. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre.

Yaay for stupid co-worker getting self-promoted to .......ummm........ elsewhere!
tenor.gif

Yaay for stupid co-worker getting self-promoted to .......ummm........ elsewhere!
tenor.gif
That made me laugh more than it probably should. No regrets.

Howdy pardner! Have a good shift!
You too if you're at work!

Yay Picture !!!!! Take care Ben
Just for you, Dave! You too.

Nice setup Ben!
Gracias! The 6S did a great job. And now that you point it out, I put the wrong razor on the roster. Smh. Oh well.

5/1/2020
  • Razor: Jectah
  • Blade: Probably a B20
  • Brush: TDR Milkglass boar
  • Soap: Wholly Kaw Merchant of Tobacco
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Whiskey Woods
  • Frag: none
  • Music: I forgot

5/2/2020 aka today

• Razor: Super Super
  • Blade: 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb
  • Soap: B&M 42
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M 42
  • Frag: B&M 42
  • Music: Joyner Lucas ADHD
A quick entry because it turns out that my hazmat stuff is due at midnight and I'm pretty sure I won't be done by then.

I shaved and I didn't die.

Thanks for reading/skimming.

For Dave.
IMG_20200502_135917.jpg

Back