The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro Super (3?)
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: CBL Club CBL
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Clubman
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Thursday - Full Collapse
It's Monday/Friday again! I had a weird night of sleep. I slept 3 hours, woke up for 3, then slept another 2. I guess 5mg of melatonin isn't enough, but I'm starting to sense that 10mg is way too much. I ended up taking another 2.5mg for my second try and it worked decently well. I'll try out 7.5mg when I go to bed tomorrow night.

I was gonna use Arko today, but I saw the CBL standing right next to it and called an audible. Super easy to lather, as usual, but it died on my last pass. No big deal, I applied some more, and finished up. As I mentioned in Dave's journal, I had a rough start with the blade but I noticed that there was a buildup of soap and hair, and washed it out. Much better after that. Maybe that's been the problem this entire time? I'm accidentally barely not BBS. Chilly Clubman FTW.

No time for a picture. I'll be honest today.

Another Thursday day.

My truck has been checked off and prepared for the day. It'll probably be ready if I have the chance to show whomever wants to see it tonight. The string of fires has continued. There was a fire this morning; I have no idea what the circumstances were. It's getting weird. We've never had this frequency of fires in the time that I've been here, not even close. I dunno. I'm just rambling now. I'm gonna get to work or something. That
I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

peaking of fires, there sure have been a lot of fires recently, a lot more than usual. I have no clue what the deal is.
The string of fires has continued. There was a fire this morning; I have no idea what the circumstances were. It's getting weird. We've never had this frequency of fires in the time that I've been here, not even close.

In the Baton Rouge area...we have actually had a significant increase in fires AND a significant increase in serial arson. You read that right...multiple serial arson. Isn't that crazy? I'm with you...not sure what is going on. I guess people think that while businesses and other buildings are closed...it's their time to set fires. The funny thing about this is that some of the buildings that were set on fire was from this Methodist Church complex. Crazy Times we live in I tell you!

Glad you are getting some sleep at least.

In the Baton Rouge area...we have actually had a significant increase in fires AND a significant increase in serial arson. You read that right...multiple serial arson. Isn't that crazy? I'm with you...not sure what is going on. I guess people think that while businesses and other buildings are closed...it's their time to set fires. The funny thing about this is that some of the buildings that were set on fire was from this Methodist Church complex. Crazy Times we live in I tell you!

Glad you are getting some sleep at least.
That's wild. I know at least one of ours was possibly arson. The rest, to the best of my knowledge, were purely accidental. And that's the strangest part. I guess I understand serial arson right now because of how thin everybody is running, but accidental fires don't happen very often.

I love the Vector, but there is some daily maintenance involved. Blackland recommends loosening the head and rinsing after every shave, tightening back up once it's had a chance to dry. Works for me.

I worked a few shifts in a Burn Trauma Unit, and did more than my share of OR burn cases. Most burns fell in either the tragic or foolish categories. One tip: if you're cleaning the tile grout behind your toilet with gasoline, don't have a lit cigarette hanging from your lips.

I love the Vector, but there is some daily maintenance involved. Blackland recommends loosening the head and rinsing after every shave, tightening back up once it's had a chance to dry. Works for me.

I worked a few shifts in a Burn Trauma Unit, and did more than my share of OR burn cases. Most burns fell in either the tragic or foolish categories. One tip: if you're cleaning the tile grout behind your toilet with gasoline, don't have a lit cigarette hanging from your lips.
I totally forgot about that stuff! Good looking out, Bruce!

One of the fires that happened a couple of years ago was because a lady tried to fix her oxygen tubing by melting it with a lighter...while it was connected to flowing oxygen. The place burned to the ground.

Everything I thought I knew was wrong.
One of the fires that happened a couple of years ago was because a lady tried to fix her oxygen tubing by melting it with a lighter...while it was connected to flowing oxygen. The place burned to the ground.
OK, here's another tip. If your car's gas line freezes, do NOT heat gasoline in a frying pan to clear the frozen clog.

That's wild. I know at least one of ours was possibly arson. The rest, to the best of my knowledge, were purely accidental. And that's the strangest part. I guess I understand serial arson right now because of how thin everybody is running, but accidental fires don't happen very often.
Just fools at home now and not at work. More time to get themselves into trouble.

Back