The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I took care of one fool who came in with 3rd degree burns on his legs he got from getting drunk and wrestling into the campfire with his friend. Kicker is he tried to hide them from his mom for 2 days by wearing jeans.

I took care of one fool who came in with 3rd degree burns on his legs he got from getting drunk and wrestling into the campfire with his friend. Kicker is he tried to hide them from his mom for 2 days by wearing jeans.
I had one lady burn her hands trying to put a car fire out...that she started...with her bare hands. And that was the first time I gave fentanyl.

Wait...you're saying that's NOT a good idea? Wow, what else have I been wrong about?
Hold on, let me go ask Venessa. I'm wrong about everything, so she would know.

I experimented with a few Linux flavors about a decade ago. The main reason I abandoned it was that the rest of the world is Windows. Compatibility, at least back then, is what kept me from diving head first into it.
I've got a laptop running Win 10, and one running Linux Mint. I find that since I've moved to using Google's free Docs applications, I use the Linux machine more often since it's faster. I do photo processing on it, and do my audio processing on the Windows machine. I play some games on the Windows machine, but most of my gaming is on an Xbox.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So...a couple of weeks ago? 🤪

Hmm...this makes me think that some sort of fraud is being perpetrated.
That's a bingo!

Not at all. He didn't want the cops around because he was drunk and probably high when it happened. He probably didn't want the lecture on why it's a bad idea to cross an unlit road when it's dark either.

That's a bingo!

Not at all. He didn't want the cops around because he was drunk and probably high when it happened. He probably didn't want the lecture on why it's a bad idea to cross an unlit road when it's dark either.
I just remember my days of working with State Police. We dealt with all sorts of insurance fraud and one of the things that stood out to me was in certain cases a delay in calling the police. But yeah...I guess if you are drunk, not calling the police might be preferable when you sober up a bit.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Progress
  • Blade: 7 o'clock Peramsharp Stainless (3?)
  • Brush: WW Second
  • Soap: B&M Diamond
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Diamond
  • Frag: none
  • Music: In Her Own Words - Everything I Used to Trust
I don't really remember what I did last shift. I know I had already mentioned the guy who decided that getting hit by a car isn't an emergency for his own reasons. I don't think I mentioned the structure fire that wasn't a structure fire, then going right back to that address about an hour later for a completely different reason. Speaking of fires, there sure have been a lot of fires recently, a lot more than usual. I have no clue what the deal is. There has also been a huge rise in possibly assaults. This nonsense is getting old.

I was initially going to do a quick one pass shave, but I was really feeling it. Diamond does and doesn't smell like a ball game. When I can pick out the notes, absolutely, I'm at Minute Maid watching the Stros kill it. When I can't pick out the notes, it's...I don't know how to describe it at all. I didn't get the closest shave because I was messing around with the settings. No complaints.

You ate my picture.

More throwbacks. It's crazy how music can take you back to an exact place and time in your life, for better or worse.

I sweat I'm going to do some exams today. I only did one the last time I said I was going to do them. It wasn't difficult and the material isn't too out there, I think I'm just letting the pressure turn me into a fine diamond....heyoooooooo, there it is. The shave has come full circle....errrrr diamond? I have a bottle of water beside me and I'll get at least one exam knocked out before I get up and grab a snack. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Glad things happened...I guess if you’re not remembering, the important thing is that you’re still alive and you’re not fired yet?
844479A3-73DE-4DBC-9C84-B45C064B52F5.gif

Glad things happened...I guess if you’re not remembering, the important thing is that you’re still alive and you’re not fired yet?
View attachment 21532
Funny story. Every time my captain calls me, I answer, "if you're not calling to fire me, hang up." He responds with, "I'll fire you tomorrow, I promise!" Classic Bringing Out The Dead scene.

Back