The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

So far, that’s the only Stirling I have had an issue with.
Given the stable of incredible scents they offer, I'm glad that's the case. I have one particular soap that gives me hell every time I use it, but I suck it up because I love it and it's a unique scent.

Stirling Bay Rum is one of my favorite Bay Rum soaps. Most other Bay Rum soaps seem to fall flat or just don't perform. Good shave either way!

Side question about the job. Is your current job associated with a political subdivision...i.e., do you work for the city, county, or state? Or do you work for a hospital district or an ambulance district that is not a private company? The reason I ask is because (and I am going to preface this with that I don't know enough about your situation to make an actual determination) if you do, you may be prohibited by your state Ethics laws to take on secondary employment based on what your current position, especially if the position you are looking at is with another political subdivision.

Like I said...I have no idea what you are looking at...but it might be worth a question to your Union Attorney. Just to be on the safe side.

Okay...now back to the great shaves!

Stirling Bay Rum is one of my favorite Bay Rum soaps. Most other Bay Rum soaps seem to fall flat or just don't perform. Good shave either way!

Side question about the job. Is your current job associated with a political subdivision...i.e., do you work for the city, county, or state? Or do you work for a hospital district or an ambulance district that is not a private company? The reason I ask is because (and I am going to preface this with that I don't know enough about your situation to make an actual determination) if you do, you may be prohibited by your state Ethics laws to take on secondary employment based on what your current position, especially if the position you are looking at is with another political subdivision.

Like I said...I have no idea what you are looking at...but it might be worth a question to your Union Attorney. Just to be on the safe side.

Okay...now back to the great shaves!
I work for the city. To the best of my knowledge if that's the case, nobody should be allowed side jobs. All fire departments in the area respond to medical calls at some capacity. The policy that prevents me from doing a medical side job just says, "no part time jobs without approval." There's nothing that says fire only. I could be a damn door greeter at Walmart if that's the case.

I work for the city. To the best of my knowledge if that's the case, nobody should be allowed side jobs. All fire departments in the area respond to medical calls at some capacity. The policy that prevents me from doing a medical side job just says, "no part time jobs without approval." There's nothing that says fire only. I could be a damn door greeter at Walmart if that's the case.
I don't know Texas Ethic Rules and you are probably good. I just wanted you to be aware. Still wouldn't hurt checking with your union to protect yourself.

These are the types of things I investigate in my job.

Man talk about profiling in here! :LOL: I quit!
View attachment 21206
I understand that it’s somewhat common practice to put important documents, particularly medical, in a capsule in the freezer?
Yes and no. There's a thing called Vial of Life. Basically the person puts a list of the medications, allergies, and basic information into a vial and usually put that in the fridge. There's a sticker they put on the front door and on the fridge so we know there's something...usually...there. It's pretty handy in a pinch.

But insulin needs to be refrigerated or it'll go bad.

I don't know Texas Ethic Rules and you are probably good. I just wanted you to be aware. Still wouldn't hurt checking with your union to protect yourself.

These are the types of things I investigate in my job.
Thanks for looking out, Don.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless (?)
  • Brush: Leo Frilot x AP Shave Co 22mm Gelousy fan
  • Soap: Dr. Jon's Crystal Lake
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Dr. Jon's Crystal Lake
  • Frag: none
  • Music: A Lot Like Birds - No Place
Not a lot to do today except to expect rain maybe, do the exams that I didn't do yesterday, and maybe go work on Mel's truck if the weather ends up holding up. I did some technology stuff last night because my computer was giving me fits. I replaced Debian with Ubuntu, which was my first flavor of Linux. I have fond memories of uhhhhh kinda cheating on my computer science homework by using the GUI instead of the command line. At one point I only had Ubuntu because I didn't realize that installing it without a separate partition would reformat my hard drive and erase Windows. That computer ended up starting to die, so I got a new one and decided that a separate hard drive for Linux was a better solution. The Division 2 was also freezing my computer so I reinstalled it and cut out a lot of startup processes. I'm still not sure what the problem was, but it seems fixed for now.

I found myself craving coconut and looking to buy a coconut forward set, but I realized that I don't need to go out and buy something because I have 3 coconut forward scents already. Crystal Lake just so happened to be the first one I could grab. I love me some Dr. Jon's. I had a great, uneventful shave.

IMG_20200417_092800.jpg

More screaming. Every now and then I feel like I'm in a musical rut. I often forget about great artists that I have in my library.

I'm off to actually do some of these damn exams. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I experimented with a few Linux flavors about a decade ago. The main reason I abandoned it was that the rest of the world is Windows. Compatibility, at least back then, is what kept me from diving head first into it.

I experimented with a few Linux flavors about a decade ago. The main reason I abandoned it was that the rest of the world is Windows. Compatibility, at least back then, is what kept me from diving head first into it.
It's gotten so much better. Wine is a lot more functional from what I've read up so far, but haven't needed to use it yet. Gaming is a lot better too. It'll never be a full substitute for Windows or MacOS for "normal" people, though.

My main gripe was portability on a flash drive between work and home. I have a lot of mp3s I like to listen to, and a few small other programs.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Pro Super (2?)
  • Brush: Grizzly Bay Decadence
  • Soap: Oleo No 11
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Oleo No 11
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Thursday - War All The Time
It's Monday/Friday/Saturday again! Even with no real duties for the day, we're still gonna be busy doing stuff. We're cleaning police cars too for some reason. And we have a couple of birthday drive by runs. Yes, you smart asses, we're spraying water at them and leaving in a hurry. Nobody can stop us! #FireGang

Another great shave. The blade was a little rough today. It seriously might be a one and done blade for my face. I'll keep using it for the sake of science.

IMG_20200418_053415.jpg

This is one of my favorite albums of all time, and it takes me back to being a teenager. There's something about it that makes me think of 1984, the novel, not the year, smartasses.

Just got back from the first call of the day. Under no circumstances should you wait 8 hours to call 911 after getting hit by a car. Also, if you hit somebody, stop. It's not rocket science. Anyway. Gotta tend to this report. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back