The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Glad everything worked out for you at work. That was a pretty crazy intro! Nice set up and shave today. I also used Barber Shoppe and came away really impressed with Lisa's products.
I was skeptical of all the hype at first, but I promise, you will love Coconut Oud. I regret giving my tub at kinda.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Vector
  • Blade: Feather Super Professional, new
  • Brush: Leo Frilot x AP Shave Co 22mm Gelousy fan
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Lime
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Bootleggers Arctic Lime
  • Frag: John Varvatos Dark Rebel
  • Music: Dwellings - Lavender Town
It's Monday/Friday again! I'm fully rested and ready to get the day going! I woke up at 3 yesterday, still tired, so I went to bed early. I woke up with the cats curled up on me. I finally feel rested.

I had one hell of a shave. It had been a while since I used a CBL soap and I regret it. I actually had this out on the counter for a couple of weeks, but never got around to putting it to use. A fresh blade made all the difference. I was really not looking forward to using the Vector with a super in it out of fear of a crappy shave. I was given a second chance with a fresh blade. It was super comfortable. Because it was super comfortable I chased without second thought and I was rewarded. I think dolphins came in from the Gulf. Dark Rebel FTW.

IMG_20200414_053850.jpg

I keep going back to Dwellings. Their music and fresh, but somehow familiar.

I just found out that the last BS call resulted in my patient finding out that she's pregnant. How exciting. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today aside from my job. I guess we can roll up the hose that was used at a fire yesterday. I think that's about it for today. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's meet up. Anyway. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Nice looking brush!

Leo is a local guy from my area and I have yet to get a brush from him. I need him to make an LSU themes brush!
You'd think he'd just keep some in stock. I didn't realize he was that close geographically.

You'd think he'd just keep some in stock. I didn't realize he was that close geographically.
Yup...he's been making them for a while now. He was selling them at a local store for a while...but I don't think he sold many of them there. It wasn't a shaving store at all and it wasn't a high traffic store either. But yeah...I think he would do okay if he had a few more in stock. I think he keeps fairly busy do special orders.

I’ve had my eye on the Gelousy knots, and might have to pick one up. How is the backbone?

I’ve had my eye on the Gelousy knots, and might have to pick one up. How is the backbone?
I think it's worth a try. I'm terrible at describing backbone. Like it's got some, but splays easy without being too floppy. So maybe middle strong?

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: I forgot the jectah code
  • Blade: I'm not sure anymore
  • Brush: TSC 2nd Anniversary
  • Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Bootleggers Arctic Lime
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Drain - California Cursed
My last shift went relatively well. 1 ambulance run, 1 structure fire, 1 false alarm mutual aid. The last call interrupted my pretty deep sleep, but that's alright. The structure fire really took a lot out of me, even though I didn't do much. I think my captain knows me too well. He had the other paramedic force me to take my gear off the instant he told me to take it off. He's right to do that, I'll keep going to my own detriment if somebody doesn't stop me. One of the occupants was reportedly getting ready to make some french fries and forgot about the oil while he was playing video games. Hey guys, pouring water on an oil fire isn't a great idea at all. One thing I hadn't ever considered during a structure fire was making sure to save the refrigerator, just in case anybody that lives there had insulin in there; it's expensive as hell and super necessary. I also got word back from the part time job, they're finally ready to give me a job offer, but there's an unqualified person in my way telling me that I can only work a part time fire job, not EMS. I have a few options. I can REALLY stir the pot, ignore the order and go to the part time job, respect the order and wait to stir the pot after this is all over, leave entirely and put the department in one hell of a pickle as punishment for their stupidity, or just suck it up. I'm protected by the union, so the first option isn't really all that bad of an idea. The department would have one hell of a time justifying letting people do fire side jobs where they are still potentially exposed to Rona and not letting us do EMS side jobs where it's literally illegal to not protect us from pathogens. I'll think on it some more.

I was feeling a bay rum day so I used the sample stick. I got a damn fine lather and a great shave. Arctic Lime was a great match for me.

Rona ate my picture.

Brand new album from this Cali hardcore band. Great energy. I love that it's raw but not too raw, just the perfect production.

I told myself that I would stop procrastinating my Hazmat stuff, so I'm going to knock out another 3 exams before Venessa gets home. The hang out last night was super fun and it was cool that I was there for the whole thing this time. My Pad Thai is here. Time to eat before I get to work. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading my frustration, Cadre.

Nice shave! For whatever reason, Stirling Bay Rum lights me up. But I found another to use. Be careful out there.

Nice shave! For whatever reason, Stirling Bay Rum lights me up. But I found another to use. Be careful out there.
I've gotten really lucky that only one Stirling soap has lit me up so far. I was going to use my Extro Comesi or whatever, but I can't go wrong with Stirling.

Back