The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I keep meaning to watch that. Any idea where to find it to catch up?

I think it is only found on AdultSwim.com or on Cartoon Network at night. You can watch from the beginning if you like...and while there is kind of a story line...I think you would be okay watching it out of order.

I think it is only found on AdultSwim.com or on Cartoon Network at night. You can watch from the beginning if you like...and while there is kind of a story line...I think you would be okay watching it out of order.
i will probably try to watch it in order. mostly because it will be easier to keep track what which ones i have seen.

It's also on Hulu if you have it available to you
haha figures. i never got into hulu. looks like i could buy all 3 seasons from the google play store though. i'll have to see what is available on demand when i get home.

haha figures. i never got into hulu. looks like i could buy all 3 seasons from the google play store though. i'll have to see what is available on demand when i get home.
You can expect a DM when I get home from work with a gift after I remember my damn password.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Red Tip C1
  • Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (?????)
  • Brush: Wild West Brushworks, the other glowy one, 24mm cashmere
  • Soap: DFS/Eleven collaboration
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, DFS/Eleven collaboration
  • Music: Brand New - Deja Entendu
Crap, I'm tired. Yesterday was stupid busy busy. Stroke, altered mental status, severe pain, STRUCTURE FIRE, car crash in the rain, car crash in the rain, anxiety. I love my job so much, it was a fun day. I took the liberty of stopping in for a haircut on my way home, and I needed it.

Same metal stuff. The blade is showing no signs of dying any time soon.

I don't think I've used this brush since I've joined the cadre. It glows a beautiful blue in the dark. I'm not a huge fan of the cashmere knot because it doesn't have enough backbone, but it gets the job done.

After getting soaked in sweat and rain yesterday I felt a need to use something with a fresh scent. This choice also gives me a chance to really stretch the soap's legs out more than my first shave with it.

I got one hell of a lather this time after adding copious amounts of water. This stuff is very thirsty. All the hard work paid off with a thick, creamy, protective lather. Unfortunately it seems that the soap and splash are giving me a reaction this time. I battled through the burn and got a damn fine shave after 3 passes. My skin has gotten suddenly sensitive these past few shaves, which might lead me to start using my Proraso pre-shave as a primary protective layer to keep whatever is bothering me a little further from my skin.

PSX_20190605_140023.jpg

Brand New is my favorite band, and has been since high school. I can listen to them for months at a time. There's a good variety of fast paced songs and slower stuff, all with very well written lyrics. There's one song that hits me hard because it's about the singer's struggles dealing with his grandfather slowly dying of COPD. My grandpa started smoking when he was 12 and died when he was 84. Although he lived a damn good life, I wish he were still around.

Well, I gotta take care of my furry babies and drink a cold one to unwind. I hope your hump day is going well, cadre.

Shame on the reaction. I need to revisit my eleven set and see if I'm still good. My Cashmere have plenty of backbone. Guess ot depends on depth it's set at. Have a relaxing evening.

Shame on the reaction. I need to revisit my eleven set and see if I'm still good. My Cashmere have plenty of backbone. Guess ot depends on depth it's set at. Have a relaxing evening.
I would imagine you're still good. It just seems like I've been reacting more and more over the past few weeks. That might be the case. I'm not opposed to getting another one.

I'll just leave this here

I keep forgetting that thread exists. I found it then forgot about it while I was at work. Hold my beer.

Yeah, that other Tim should post something over there. I’m pretty sure I did. Or not. Geez now I gotta go look.

Nice setup Ben. bummer on the reaction. This is for sure becoming one of my favorite journals. maybe i should hang out here for a bit. someone pass me a drink!

Nice setup Ben. bummer on the reaction. This is for sure becoming one of my favorite journals. maybe i should hang out here for a bit. someone pass me a drink!
Thanks. Such is life. The Proraso deal was something I experimented with about a year ago with limited success, so I'm gonna try it again.

Pull up a chair and grab a cerveza, I have the driest sense of humor in town and I don't proofread my posts! Yeehaw!

Back