The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Sometimes a little change is all that it takes to get a better shave. I don't have experience with soaps that have sheep fat in them...but going from tallow to mutton tallow might be enough of a change to get it in gear.

Sometimes a little change is all that it takes to get a better shave. I don't have experience with soaps that have sheep fat in them...but going from tallow to mutton tallow might be enough of a change to get it in gear.
This might be what I need to get a decent straight shave. I've always had trouble with awful tugging and I feel that my straights likely need to be honed, but a slicker base might be what the doctor ordered.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Red Tip C1
  • Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (?????)
  • Brush: That Darn Rob 26mm High mountain badger knot
  • Soap: Stirling Soap Co Hipster
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Soap Co Hipster
  • Music: New Found Glory - Makes Me Sick
I shaved at 6:20 and I'm just now having time to sit down and type this up. It's been a busy day so far. Station dookies, a stroke, and hanging a damn TV in Chief's office. On to business.

Same metal stuff. Apparently there are rumors that Polsilver Super Iridium will be discontinued, which would be a damn shame. I have never had nothing but incredible shaves with them. I'll have to find a legitimate source for that rumor, so take that with a grain of salt.

I pulled this brush out and smiled because the knot is a damn fine one. I realized that it's not as dense as the Maggard SHD knot, but it's still a dream to use.

I was going to go with the cares l cadre theme, but then I remembered that @Dave in KY was looking forward to reading my take on Hipster. Well wait no longer, Dave. It's very much a masculine scent. It was hard to pick out single scent notes until I applied the splash, which had a noticable leather note, but was otherwise well blended. I had what I thought was a bit of a reaction, but it turned out to be nothing. This is a nice scent with approval from the misses, but it's a little on the weaker side of scent strength for me, so I probably won't be getting a full tub. I still had a damn good shave with no irritation or weepers. No reaction to this splash.

PSX_20190604_122614.jpg

I think I've already posted stuff about New Found Glory. This album is notably tropically themed kinda; it's fresh and upbeat. I could probably lay out by the pool and drink margaritas in the attic while listening to this and feel at home.

Note the special guest appearance of Rick Sanchez of C-137. He was a gift from a former coworker, and sat on the dash of the ambulance I was assigned to at my last service. I stopped by to say hi a couple of days ago and decided that Rick needed to go home for the first time. How he lasted that long without a supervisor ripping him off is incredible.

Well, I have to watch the garage door repair guys to make sure they don't do something stupid like put a ladder in the bed of their truck to reach the motor...again. Job security, I suppose, but I have a stroke report to write already. I hope everybody is have a great day and week.

Thanks Ben the scent description always sounded good to me but I like a stronger scent. I did get the bath bar hipster though. Have a good rest of the day.

Thanks Ben the scent description always sounded good to me but I like a stronger scent. I did get the bath bar hipster though. Have a good rest of the day.
I feel the same way. I can't wait to bust out my glacial coconut lime bath soap. It's getting to be hot enough to require it.

They are playing around with a mobile CT rig here. You guys doing that?

How come the Chief gets a TV?!

View attachment 4302
We have a bigger TV in our day room, so no complaints. Lol

They are playing around with a mobile CT rig here. You guys doing that?
I'd love to have that available to me, but it's not financially practical because we have primary and comprehensive stroke centers within 10-20 minutes of me. That's a common thing in Houston.

I'd love to have that available to me, but it's not financially practical because we have primary and comprehensive stroke centers within 10-20 minutes of me. That's a common thing in Houston.
That's the funny thing. Here too. I asked if they did a time study of the time for the CT rig to get on scene vs the time just to transport to a PSC or CSC and the county chose to just test it out for real since a hospital got the funding for it. I haven't been involved in county EMS for a few years so I don't know how useful it became.

That's the funny thing. Here too. I asked if they did a time study of the time for the CT rig to get on scene vs the time just to transport to a PSC or CSC and the county chose to just test it out for real since a hospital got the funding for it. I haven't been involved in county EMS for a few years so I don't know how useful it became.
I feel like that's a waste of money, but it's not mine, so whatever. It's probably not too useful. A good assessment and situational awareness should result in calling it in the field so the facility is ready and waiting upon arrival.

Back