The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: This is a weird one to try to explain, see below I guess???
  • Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless
  • Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts with 30mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Frag: John Varvato - Dark Rebel
  • Music: Big D & The Kids Table
I don't what day it is and I've already throw stuff across the back of my ambulance because it wasn't where it was supposed to be. The drama continues to pile up and it's getting old. The worst part is that it's out in the open and recorded for the world to see. I lost sleep over it, which is contributing to my grumpiness. I'm trying to keep it together today, I really am.

Alright, the explanation. I had to look this stuff up again because I'm unfamiliar with this stuff. So I bought the WCS/Charcoal Goods head and plate set while it was on sale, along with a blue titanium handle because it's my favorite color. I honestly felt like nothing was getting done, but it was doing its job just fine. The angle is pretty much autopilot because of how the head is shaped, but it felt really weird to me; I guess I'm used to the muscle memory of finding it myself. The plate I used is the Toothy one, which is the OC one, and it didn't feel overly aggressive. I think it could've been designed with more blade exposure, but it gets the job done the way it is. The handle is heavy enough, it works for me I guess, but it's more aesthetically pleasing. Anyway. I'm clean shaved for the first time in 3 days. I finished up with my Rolled Oud pomade and Dark Rebel, which is a damn decent match, but there are a couple of notes that don't exactly interact super well. Whatever. I smell good.

IMG_20200211_053236.jpg

I knew I was gonna have a rough day so I turned up the ska to lighten the rough edges that I have. It didn't really work, but I tried.

I'm really looking forward to being off for 4 days. I need it in the worst way. I feel beat down and apparently I look it too. At least my patient care hasn't suffered and it's my personal mission to keep it that way. Just finished up an in-service training about our new cardiac monitors which I am very familiar with. I'm trying. I hope you're all having a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Sounds like you just need to hang out on your bunk while the cats fight and wait for the ring down.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: This is a weird one to try to explain, see below I guess???
  • Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless
  • Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts with 30mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Frag: John Varvato - Dark Rebel
  • Music: Big D & The Kids Table
I don't what day it is and I've already throw stuff across the back of my ambulance because it wasn't where it was supposed to be. The drama continues to pile up and it's getting old. The worst part is that it's out in the open and recorded for the world to see. I lost sleep over it, which is contributing to my grumpiness. I'm trying to keep it together today, I really am.

Alright, the explanation. I had to look this stuff up again because I'm unfamiliar with this stuff. So I bought the WCS/Charcoal Goods head and plate set while it was on sale, along with a blue titanium handle because it's my favorite color. I honestly felt like nothing was getting done, but it was doing its job just fine. The angle is pretty much autopilot because of how the head is shaped, but it felt really weird to me; I guess I'm used to the muscle memory of finding it myself. The plate I used is the Toothy one, which is the OC one, and it didn't feel overly aggressive. I think it could've been designed with more blade exposure, but it gets the job done the way it is. The handle is heavy enough, it works for me I guess, but it's more aesthetically pleasing. Anyway. I'm clean shaved for the first time in 3 days. I finished up with my Rolled Oud pomade and Dark Rebel, which is a damn decent match, but there are a couple of notes that don't exactly interact super well. Whatever. I smell good.

View attachment 16889

I knew I was gonna have a rough day so I turned up the ska to lighten the rough edges that I have. It didn't really work, but I tried.

I'm really looking forward to being off for 4 days. I need it in the worst way. I feel beat down and apparently I look it too. At least my patient care hasn't suffered and it's my personal mission to keep it that way. Just finished up an in-service training about our new cardiac monitors which I am very familiar with. I'm trying. I hope you're all having a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.
The bright side is you know the material in the in service. And you got to shave.

Thanks for your service Brother.

Sounds like you just need to hang out on your bunk while the cats fight and wait for the ring down.
My station today is staffed by only myself and my partner. Zero chance of drama unless my partner switches up on me and decides he hates Mountain Dew.

The bright side is you know the material in the in service. And you got to shave.

Thanks for your service Brother.
Absolutely. It was a damn decent shave too.

Just hang I'm there. You are almost off for four days!
16.5 more hours and I'm free unless something catastrophic happens.

My station today is staffed by only myself and my partner. Zero chance of drama unless my partner switches up on me and decides he hates Mountain Dew.

Absolutely. It was a damn decent shave too.

16.5 more hours and I'm free unless something catastrophic happens.
NEVER say that "Cat..." word out loud! I was a community psych nurse.

And we never used the word "quiet" when giving report at end of shift, as it meant that inevitably the next shift would find it not so quiet, lol!

I'm not REALLY superstitious, but why press my luck, right? Lol, have you also noticed that the full moon brought the lunatics out on to the path?

Enjoy these miserable days my friend, they are gone too soon. Retirement sucks for the adrenaline junkie!

NEVER say that "Cat..." word out loud! I was a community psych nurse.

And we never used the word "quiet" when giving report at end of shift, as it meant that inevitably the next shift would find it not so quiet, lol!

I'm not REALLY superstitious, but why press my luck, right? Lol, have you also noticed that the full moon brought the lunatics out on to the path?

Enjoy these miserable days my friend, they are gone too soon. Retirement sucks for the adrenaline junkie!
I really do enjoy the ups and downs. I just really need some pizza and a nap too make everything right again. It's gonna be a quiet day! :ROFLMAO:

Hand in there Ben, it’s almost over.
I got this. Pizza is in the microwave!

Back